Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MudBug 2012!!

+1

MudBug 2012!!

Hope I'm not starting a duplicate thread but didn't see one on the first couple pages.

So who is in and when are we going to do this!!?? Tired of these floods screwing up our plans and wonder if we should consider a different time of year. Not really sure what is most convenient for everyone. I know Jerry likes the second week in June and us Floridians can handle the heat and bugs.

Maybe a few call outs this year too???

+1
    OK, Duke as requested... do you think you can stay along side one of my nearly stock 06 RXTs? Be cautioned that the SC will be rebuilt by Jerry this winter and have the metal washer upgrades (again).

jk, of course.

Yeah, man - game on for MB2012. It's a damn shame about the water sitch this year - we just never know what's going to come down the Big Muddy. Personally, I think we've now got the future under control when you consider the "temp" dam that now sits in By. Chene.

Just my .02

+1
    Dont really matter to when we have it. If I am kicking, I will be there. This Fall MB we just had was nice. Weather was great for making power.

+1
    Well I know I am in. The temp's were great in Sept. Really great for speed runs. Whether it is June or January, I will be there.

+1
    It is not my decision but if it were the same as this year each year. The first weekend of Oct would everyone be able to make it as they would if it were in June. The temps were great. A little chilly in the morning but the skis loved it. Did not get so hot during the day and the mosquitos were not near as bad. To me having it at a time when the most people can make it is important in his decision on when he wants it. For all of us that live here or within a few hours it doesn't matter at all. We get together a few times a year anyway. I am just asking this for all of you from FL or the other places where a long drive is involved. If October would work I have to say that would be a great time to have it. I absolutely hate that I would have to wait that long but it really was a great weekend. Plus the last few years, the second weekend of June there was a Region 5 race in TX so those racers couldn't make it. I will be one this year that would miss MB if the 2 events conflict.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    It is not my decision but if it were the same as this year each year. The first weekend of Oct would everyone be able to make it as they would if it were in June. The temps were great. A little chilly in the morning but the skis loved it. Did not get so hot during the day and the mosquitos were not near as bad. To me having it at a time when the most people can make it is important in his decision on when he wants it. For all of us that live here or within a few hours it doesn't matter at all. We get together a few times a year anyway. I am just asking this for all of you from FL or the other places where a long drive is involved. If October would work I have to say that would be a great time to have it. I absolutely hate that I would have to wait that long but it really was a great weekend. Plus the last few years, the second weekend of June there was a Region 5 race in TX so those racers couldn't make it. I will be one this year that would miss MB if the 2 events conflict.
    I agree. This way, SeaDoo, Yamaha, Kawi, could come in on their way to world finals. It was great weather. Ski ran amazing and I didn't ROAST! June is a better month, but Sept/Oct is great too. I will be there whenever it is held.

+1
    I'm down for when ever. Can't wait to ride again.

+1
    whenever mud bug is held I think it would be better if it was not during gator hunting season....no use messing up a good thing...this year squirrel season opened sat oct first and there was a lot of cajuns in boats with shotguns back in the twisties..
    the weather was very nice this year.......I plan on attending whenever the bug is held.

+1
    I think we need to officially move the bug to the first weekend of October! Weather was great, not a ton of boat traffic, Any vendor can stop in on there way to the World Finals, and the most important NO HIGH WATER.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BAYOU FZR View Post
    I think we need to officially move the bug to the first weekend of October! Weather was great, not a ton of boat traffic, Any vendor can stop in on there way to the World Finals, and the most important NO HIGH WATER.
    No high water = No 'No Wake Zone's '.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information