XCharger Clarification please

Here is the deal. Have a 2005 RXT that I bought with a bad SC - they tried to run it way too long shot. Anyway, not sure if the charge can be rebuilt or not, but as an alternative, I am thinking maybe I should just upgrage to an X-Charger?

1) So...what is an X-Charger? Is it a Sea-Doo racing charger or is it an aftermarket? I see a XX on Rivas site, I see X on PWCPerformance. Are they the same? Basically, where to go for the best price?

2) What is the Vinton seal and why do I need it? Or does it come with?

3) I see a lot of post that say stock injectors OK and I see others that say #42s, Can I run stock injectors - at least as a starting point?

4) My impellor is banged up anyway, so may as well upgrade - is there one that will work with the X and stock injectors and will still work if I go to #42's. Beyond that I don't forsee doing much more up upgrades.

Thanks Everyone.

Seadoo X charger, stock injectors I believe, and a 15/20 impeller. If you have the money, throw in the 42s with an intercooler to get your money's worth from the charger.

+1
    The X-charger is a stock SC that came on X boats meaning RXP-X and RXT-X they are factory chargers for those boats. The reason guys go with viton seals is because the stock ones are very unpredictable and can begin to leak at anytime. From my research i'd definantly go with the 42's. As far as impeller someone else will chime in im sure.
    As for the best price, id just watch the classifieds for an X-charger and some 42's.

+1
    X charger, 42's and a 3 blade 14/18 is my setup and is very safe. I also have a rear 3" intake. A 15/20 prop is way too tall for a RXT unless you go the whole stage 3 ++ set up. I would start with a 14/17 or a 14/19.

from what i gathered, you only need the 42's if you go with the 4" kanaflex intake and x-charger or stock intake, x-charger and external intercooler. if you go with the x-charger,42's, external intercooler, and 4" kanaflex ,you'll need an rrfpr to monitor your AFR's. If I'm wrong somebody with more experience will chime in such as Jerry, msrxp, snowman, etc.

I have all that with no RRFPR. No troubles yet after 140hrs. If I do anything more to the motor then I would need to start worrying about monitoring devices

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by oct6454 View Post
    The X-charger is a stock SC that came on X boats meaning RXP-X and RXT-X they are factory chargers for those boats. The reason guys go with viton seals is because the stock ones are very unpredictable and can begin to leak at anytime. From my research i'd definantly go with the 42's. As far as impeller someone else will chime in im sure.
    As for the best price, id just watch the classifieds for an X-charger and some 42's.

Correct,When running an X-Charger on a Non-X boat you WILL need 42s...If your running a stock inter-cooler then you will be fine with just the 42s and NO raising rate regulator...NOW if you decide to go with a external inter-cooler then you will have to run a RRFPR with the resource line connected...when going with this setup you will probley want to invest in some sort of AFR gauge so you can monitor your afrs and adjust as needed...As far as props????I would go with a 14/17 unless you plan on going with an external inter-cooler then i would go with a 13/18 or a 14/19...A 15/20 is way to big for an RXT..

Quote Originally Posted by ghlenz View Post
    Here is the deal. Have a 2005 RXT that I bought with a bad SC - they tried to run it way too long shot. Anyway, not sure if the charge can be rebuilt or not, but as an alternative, I am thinking maybe I should just upgrage to an X-Charger?

1) So...what is an X-Charger? Is it a Sea-Doo racing charger or is it an aftermarket? I see a XX on Rivas site, I see X on PWCPerformance. Are they the same? Basically, where to go for the best price?

An X Charger is a stock Scer for the X series boats...They put out quite a bit more boost than your 215 hp scer..you can run a X-Charger on your boat but will need to add bigger injectors

2) What is the Vinton seal and why do I need it? Or does it come with?

A Viton seal is a double lipped seal that has a higher heat rating than the OEM ones..The OEM seals are having an issue with the heat and in do time start to leak

3) I see a lot of post that say stock injectors OK and I see others that say #42s, Can I run stock injectors - at least as a starting point?

No i would not run stock injectors with an X-Charger,you will risk a chance of going lean depending on air and water temps..

4) My impellor is banged up anyway, so may as well upgrade - is there one that will work with the X and stock injectors and will still work if I go to #42's. Beyond that I don't forsee doing much more up upgrades.

Running an X-charger you will want to go with 42s,i wouldnt chance running the stock injectors,as far as props...I would go with a 14/17 if this is all you plan on doing..

Thanks Everyone.

Thread Information