Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: cavitation

+1

cavitation

Hi all, i have been suffering with cavitation from stand still for quite some time, i pretty much have my ski set where i want it, my jd intercooler is on order which im sure will increase this problem, i have re pitched my prop but still have some cavitation. my question is what can i do to try to eliminate this without loosing my top speed. is it worth machining the pump cone and nozzle for instance. prop is currently set at 15/23 and is a skat swirl. am going to pitch to 16/23 and then see if it improves.

+1
    If you don't race, then I woud learn to exercise throttle contol, body position, and launch technique to help eliminate cavitation. I have all the mods in my signature, and a STOCK repitched prop and can still get out of the hole right there with a Kawi 300x and pull pretty hard on it mid-range. I've seen other SHOs, with more mods, get destroyed by the 300x out of the hole. It's all in the lauch and practice IMO.

+1
    thanks i have tried that but still get left on holeshot by seapoos. just looking to eliminate as much as i can.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by razzie View Post
    thanks i have tried that but still get left on holeshot by seapoos. just looking to eliminate as much as i can.
    Did you seal the grate up properly? Considered a twin prop? If you want cavitation virtually gone, then you have to go aftermarket pump. I have no problem pulling the Doos around me. Only one that would be a problem would be a new P-X.

Look for a video of how Nick Rius launches his ski. It almost looks as if he's trying to "bunny hop" on it right before he grabs a fist full of throttle. That technique has worked really well for me.

That being said it is almost unbelievable how hard a stock 300x pulls out of the hole. It is right there with my pretty modified SHO. I'm happy just to be keeping up.

+1
    what mods do you have? you may need to try a 160 prop

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by razzie View Post
    Hi all, i have been suffering with cavitation from stand still for quite some time, i pretty much have my ski set where i want it, my jd intercooler is on order which im sure will increase this problem, i have re pitched my prop but still have some cavitation. my question is what can i do to try to eliminate this without loosing my top speed. is it worth machining the pump cone and nozzle for instance. prop is currently set at 15/23 and is a skat swirl. am going to pitch to 16/23 and then see if it improves.
    The TBM cone works wonders at solving cavitation on hole shot. It will improve your acceleration and improve hook up also.

Banned User
    +1

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    The TBM cone works wonders at solving cavitation on hole shot. It will improve your acceleration and improve hook up also.
    +1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    +1
    +2

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Psssst........twin prop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information