Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    mjh3ides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Florida
    Posts
    6,797
    +1
    2,010

    Hydrodrags NA class...come on out VXR/S guys!!

    So any of you guys planning on coming out to race? We didn't have a huge turnout for this class last year, & I'm hoping to see some of y'all come compete. Keep in mind, you don't need the fastest ski to win. In an 1/8th mile race it's all about the holeshot. Last year I beat a faster ski in one race & lost to a slower ski in my next heat because I blew the launch. It's a great weekend of racing & partying, & with all the new events added this year it's looking to be the best one yet.

    You can find all the event info & tech rules here:
    http://prohydroxtour.com/
    You can also email the promoter Mike Young with any questions you have:
    [email protected]


  2. #2
    abracadabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wellington, FL United States of America
    Posts
    2,046
    +1
    180
    Count me in

  3. #3
    big john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,395
    +1
    598
    i'm only able to gps a 67 mph top speed, so count me out........ but i'll be there !!!!!!!!!!

  4. #4
    mjh3ides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Florida
    Posts
    6,797
    +1
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by abracadabra View Post
    Count me in


    Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    i'm only able to gps a 67 mph top speed, so count me out........ but i'll be there !!!!!!!!!!
    Like I said, it doesn't matter if you don't have the best top speed in the class if you can nail the launches. If you can pull one boat length on your competitor on the holeshot, the other guy is gonna need probably 5+ mph to run you down. That's the great thing about the short 1/8th mile course...it advantages the racer with the most skill, not the one with the deepest pockets.

    Also, if we get a good sized group of VXR's signed up, there's not going to be a huge difference in performance from the slowest to the fastest, so it will make for some great interclass racing for bragging rights.

  5. #5
    big john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,395
    +1
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post



    Like I said, it doesn't matter if you don't have the best top speed in the class if you can nail the launches. If you can pull one boat length on your competitor on the holeshot, the other guy is gonna need probably 5+ mph to run you down. That's the great thing about the short 1/8th mile course...it advantages the racer with the most skill, not the one with the deepest pockets.

    Also, if we get a good sized group of VXR's signed up, there's not going to be a huge difference in performance from the slowest to the fastest, so it will make for some great interclass racing for bragging rights.
    starting to intrest me now............. my 300lbs fat ass can keep the nose down and keep it hooked pretty well !!!!!!!!!!

  6. #6
    abracadabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wellington, FL United States of America
    Posts
    2,046
    +1
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    starting to intrest me now............. my 300lbs fat ass can keep the nose down and keep it hooked pretty well !!!!!!!!!!
    You may have better hole shot than me and beat me on take off... I saw a lot of that last year, Julio...

  7. #7
    big john's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,395
    +1
    598
    i'll read over the rules, i believe i'll need a helmet to race, right ????????? what else being its the vxr/s n/a class ??

  8. #8
    mjh3ides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Florida
    Posts
    6,797
    +1
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    i'll read over the rules, i believe i'll need a helmet to race, right ????????? what else being its the vxr/s n/a class ??
    Yes, you need a full face DOT approved helmet(no visor). You can find all gear/safety requirements in the first section of the rules:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=165985

  9. #9
    BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    3,529
    +1
    3
    sometimes its not about how fast your ski is, just go to have fun and race.

  10. #10
    Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Old Hickory,Tn
    Posts
    5,445
    +1
    650
    You also have to be a member of the IJSBA in good standing.....which means you have to pay your dues to join........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Come on guys, lets give Shibby a break about the gay shit...
    By 11 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-11-2005, 11:32 AM
  2. What could cause the HOT TEMP display to come on?
    By peteshauling in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-11-2005, 09:40 PM
  3. Oil alarm coming on
    By Mark S in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-23-2005, 02:32 AM
  4. why does check engine come on
    By macattack in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-01-2005, 10:16 PM
  5. Come on!!! - Where are your rider vids?
    By Jeff C in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 01:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •