Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fixed the rpm issue =D

Swapped plugs, Changed oil Fixed a torn vac line..

And

I had to swap back to the 81mm ring because the limiter was saying

Put the 81mm ring back in and got to 8180 RPMS =D

I would of gotten 80 again, but it was down to 1 bar on fuel and the charger was HEAT soaked from riding all day, Cant keep the nose planted with the fuel that low. Plus the lake started to get choppy as day went on and lake temp rised..

Im certain if i go out early am with cold air, no chop and half tank of gas ill see 80-81 =D

Just couldint go past 1/4 mile without it skipping.

Here’s a quick video of one of the 79mph pulls..

And notice the picture i did three back to back 79mph pulls no glitch here

Click the 720HD =D

Gonna link up with DUKE soon and overlook everything and go for more =D

wow 7180 rpms and hitting 79 lol and i think you mean 8180 what year is your ski

+1
    ya its 8180..no way is he or anybody else is running 79 at 7180 with them kinda mods..

Quote Originally Posted by 05_RXP View Post
    wow 7180 rpms and hitting 79 lol and i think you mean 8180 what year is your ski
    DOH! SOrry..

I was excited to have my rpms back while writing that post.. Previous owner has ran a vac line into the storage lid, and right where the whole was drilled there was a huge crack from being old... I should have known because while idling i could never open my lid up.. Once turned off it would open easy.. Well the vacuum was pulling it closed lol!

+1
    lol why would you run a vac line to the storage bucket??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtuned View Post
    DOH! SOrry..

I was excited to have my rpms back while writing that post.. Previous owner has ran a vac line into the storage lid, and right where the whole was drilled there was a huge crack from being old... I should have known because while idling i could never open my lid up.. Once turned off it would open easy.. Well the vacuum was pulling it closed lol!

what???why???This makes no sence to me being the engine,IMO does not pull enough vacum to keep you from lifting the hood even if it did it would kill the engine being the size of the vacum leak..How did you fix this??..please enlighten me on this...Also What vacum line is going into that bucket??why would you run a vacum line into the storage bucket????

+1
    i still dont see how your running 80 mph with your mods...... but have a miricle ski... congrats

Coming off the supercharger plug is a vac line that used to run to a boost gauge.. This is not the hole hood, but the storage comp under handle bars.. Previous owner would store his boost gauge in there, line was plugged but from age had become brittle and cracked.. Seems crazy but it was true!

This and the plugs were pretty horrible i can take a pic.

I could go on about why this ski is as quick as it is.. But its something that comes from alot of testing and going the extra mile. For example people seem to only do the mods that yield 1mph +

The rideplate was one of Jims first plate’s he did. And it came out great.
    It has no impeller cone.
    The riva grate was milled to sit flush with the ride plate
    All ride plate hole were filled with bondo and sanded smooth
    Riva IC (I swear this is where alot of peoples issue lays. since when testing this vs XS core i lost 1 mph)
    Pump Wedge
    Unmodded 15/20 (There are 2 different style 15/20s im not sure which i have but my buddys 15/20 both out of the box were different. mine was always 50 rpms higher then his, switching back and forth between props)
    Riva adjustable nozzle
    Ride plate was sealed with greatstuff spent alot of time making sure this was perfect and flush as possible
    Motor was aligned
    Riva 4” intake ( picked up 50 rpms from the front 4" intake)

It was the testing of various parts to which worked best for this ski. Not what worked with others or others advise. I still have an unmodded waterbox.

I plan on tommorrow modding the waterbox and hoping to pick up some rpms. I just will be screwed with rpms now as its so close to limiter now.

Can i get 79mm or 80mm ring for my nozzle? Or can i have someone reflash this ecu to a 8400 rpm limiter?

I will be linking up with some other riders maybe they can pick out something special about this ski..

All this and it has 218 hour :shrugs. Also still have opas, and a stock reverse bucket.. Is there any speed gained here?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtuned View Post
    I could go on about why this ski is as quick as it is.. But its something that comes from alot of testing and going the extra mile. For example people seem to only do the mods that yield 1mph +

The rideplate was one of Jims first plate’s he did. And it came out great.
    It has no impeller cone.
    The riva grate was milled to sit flush with the ride plate
    All ride plate hole were filled with bondo and sanded smooth
    Riva IC (I swear this is where alot of peoples issue lays. since when testing this vs XS core i lost 1 mph)
    Pump Wedge
    Unmodded 15/20 (There are 2 different style 15/20s im not sure which i have but my buddys 15/20 both out of the box were different. mine was always 50 rpms higher then his, switching back and forth between props)
    Riva adjustable nozzle
    Ride plate was sealed with greatstuff spent alot of time making sure this was perfect and flush as possible
    Motor was aligned
    Riva 4” intake ( picked up 50 rpms from the front 4" intake)

These mods are nothing new,everybody whos been around knows about and pretty much does the same thing

It was the testing of various parts to which worked best for this ski. Not what worked with others or others advise. I still have an unmodded waterbox.

I plan on tommorrow modding the waterbox and hoping to pick up some rpms. I just will be screwed with rpms now as its so close to limiter now.

youll see some gain but nothing major

Can i get 79mm or 80mm ring for my nozzle?
    Your ski will loose performance if you drop down that low,you can try it,BUT i think your gonna lose alot of holeshot,BUT if your not worried about that then go for it...

Or can i have someone reflash this ecu to a 8400 rpm limiter?

Send it to Jerry,He can reflash it for you.

I will be linking up with some other riders maybe they can pick out something special about this ski..

All this and it has 218 hour :shrugs. Also still have opas, and a stock reverse bucket.. Is there any speed gained here?
    OPAS???remove that and that will help in the ski bouncing around,reverse bucket,No...you wont see any gains from the reverse bucket..

+1
    Yep, get you some Riva pro BO's bro. They are the fastest ones and will stop your bouncing..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information