Thread: Worx grate

Worx grate

I am considering getting a worx grate for my 95 xp. Will this grate help the ski to hookup better out of the hole or if I hit a bit of chop? This ski is a load of fun to ride but you have to be real careful about cavitation. I've checked the wear ring and impellor. It has minimal clearance and I don't see and dings or burn marks. Any opinion on the grate or any others would be appreciated. karl

+1
    yes, better hook up through the chop. It will keep your ski glued down.
    SHOOTER

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    It shouldn't cavitate at all. You might need to pull your ride plate and re-seal it, or you have a hole in your driveshaft seal hose.

The grate will make a night and day difference in hookup through the chop. Holeshot will be equal in smooth water.

Well I hadn't had much chance to ride it after I bought it. I ran into a starting problem with it. Getting that worked out now. I may be popping this thing up on the water to hard causing the cavitation. Up till now I've only run a tiger shark and a yamaha gp760 and neither jump up as quick as this xp. If I trim all the way up and go WOT it seems to jump the whole craft out of the water. I know the grate won't help with that so I guess I am just having a problem with cavitation in a chop. Thanks for the info on the grate. Everytime I pose a question I tend to learn more and more. Karl

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Cavitation is defined by prop spin out of the hole. The boat sits still or barely moving, revving wot and not going anywhere. This can be caused by air, chewed leading edge on the prop, excessive clearance between the prop and wear ring. Air can be induced by driveshaft seal (hole in hose holding seal bearing), or poorly sealed ride plate.

It sounds like you are describing hookup (in the chop), not cavitation. Also, trim it all the way down and throw all your weight over the bars to launch it correctly out of the hole. Once planed...immediately trim all the way up.

Thread Information