Help on removing electrical plug to fuel pump: FX Crusier

I am removing the engine from my FX Cruiser 2005. One remaining plug to disconnect on the harness and that's the fuel pump connection.

I can't remove because I have no idea where the tab is other than is must be on the left side of the plug (looking forward on ski).

Any clues on how to remove this plug? Does the tab have to be pushed in or pulled out?

LOL. I thought I would be asking questions like how to lock a cam rather than how to remove a connection..... jeez

Thanks ahead of time.

still dorking around with it. I'm reluctant to pull hard, as of yet. Any clues or a picture on what it looks like when disconnected? Just trying to find where the tab is and whether to depress or pull out. Certainly looks like the left side.

Central Oklahoma
    Can you post a pic of the connector? I tried checking the diagram in the OEM parts finder, but the pic shown is generic.

I assume it's not possible on the FX to pull the engine and leave the FP connected?

Nashville, TN\Boynton Beach Fl
    I have a fuel tank and a wiring harness at the house. Will try to take a look tonight when home from work. I need a harness side connector to make a spare fuel tank for refueling my ski from a land vehicle. Dont want to destroy a good wiring harness for one connector. If I get side tracked pm me.

Picture of connector

Here's a picture of the connector. I can't tell if you push or pull on the tab. I obviously tried both, but being careful for the moment since this is one I do not want to break.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuek pump  connector.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	257516   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Top view of fuel connect.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	257583  

Thanks for the help TennR600.

The picture helped. It verified for me that the entire connector pulls up as long as you depress the tab that is located on the left side. I had to use a screwdriver to get it loose, but it wasn't hard.

Thanks again and appreciate the time you took to send me pics of the connector.

Northeast Indiana
    I had a bunch of trouble with that effing connector also when I installed the FPR on my ski. Got so aggravated that I can't remember what I finally did to get it apart now. Only remember that connector was the hardest part of the job.

Fort. Lauderdale
    Use a screw driver under it ... while pushing the tab up top

Thread Information