Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another SUPERCHARGER STUCK/ advice

hello, Im Pretty new to this, and looking for some advice. I Just picked up a 2009 Kawasaki ULTRA 260 LX with 15 hours on it. The ski has been sitting for about 3 months. Skis in great shape the only problem, is the supercharger. When I went to start it, it would not turn over. As I looked more into it I noticed the charger itself was not spinning. I loosened the belt tension and removed the supercharger belt to see if the motor would turn over. The motor started right up insidiously. First question am I harming anything but starting for a min without the supercharger belt? I also noticed I cant get the RPM above 3000? Is this due to the supercharger belt not being on? Or is there another problem?
    As for the super charger im going to spray some lube and foging oil and see if I can spin it free….
    Any advice or tips greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Mike

Motor is not going last 3000 rpm because there is no boost going into it...its all due to not having the supercharger belt on...as far as geting unstuck ur going to have to take it out and dump it in wd-40...if that doesnt work take it apart completely and clean it well with any lubricant like wd40 and u should be good...after everyride remember to fog the charger even if fresh water just to be safe...

+1
    guess you wouldnt have to worry about a stuck s/c on your 250 since you are running the 300 one...

Quote Originally Posted by Getwetkawi View Post
    Motor is not going last 3000 rpm because there is no boost going into it...its all due to not having the supercharger belt on...as far as geting unstuck ur going to have to take it out and dump it in wd-40...if that doesnt work take it apart completely and clean it well with any lubricant like wd40 and u should be good...after everyride remember to fog the charger even if fresh water just to be safe...

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Getwetkawi View Post
    You know wd40 is not a lubricant right ? It's a degreaser. And can eat the coating on the charger

+1
    i don't think your supposed to run the engine for long with out the belt.
    unless you disconnect the ?????????????????? gone blank.

Remove the s/c from the ski and dunk in a bucket of diesel fuel for about 24-36 hours. Once you take it out, blow out whatever (very likely salt deposits) is between the s/c rotors with compressed air to avoid scratching the fragile coating material on rotors. You don't have to disassmble the s/c itself, just remove the intake and exhaust plates from it to get access. After all that, see if it would rotate by hand (by grabbing the pulley). I've never done this by myself but I know a ski mechanic who says he's done this a couple times with success.

Diesel works well, probably better than wd40.

The very best penetrating lubricant fo this application is called Corrosion x .

It really works well and leaves a nice coating.

Banned User
    Or you can buy my 300x charger for 600$ an have a local shop make a bracket it for it and boost 17 pounds

Banned User
    +1
    It's more then that. You also need a different pulley belt coupler. And other odd and ends

+1
    nah ask getwet he fitted karakot's 300 charger said it was really easy, but he must have gave it back lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    It's more then that. You also need a different pulley belt coupler. And other odd and ends

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information