Looking at a RXP and RXT tomorrow. Fewq Questions...

So my dad and I are going to look at a 2004 RXP and 2005 RXT tomorrow. Besides the normal...looking at the bottom of the hull, checking the pump and impeller, checking the oil, and firing up the skis, what else should we take a look at when we go look at them tomorrow? It's pretty much up to me. If I think the skis are in good shape, my parents will probably buy them.

The RXP has 28.2 hours and the RXT has 26.2 hours. The RXP has a Riva Stage I setup along with the riva sc impeller and a few other things. He says the 2004 has the SC clutch update. The RXT is stock.

The guy is asking $16,000 for the whole setup. They come with a black Zieman trailer with the diamond plate, polished rims, and the four gas tank rack with 4 new gas cans. Is this a fair price?

Any info would be great.

I'm still very worried about the hulls getting the spider cracking on the bottom. I tend to ride my skis hard and I don't want to have any hull issues in the near or late future.

+1
    If the 04 has the SC clutch update then that means it probably suffered a ceramic washer failure. You may want to ensure that the proper steps were taken to fix the ski. This means removing and replacing the oil pumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    If the 04 has the SC clutch update then that means it probably suffered a ceramic washer failure. You may want to ensure that the proper steps were taken to fix the ski. This means removing and replacing the oil pumps.
    Good to know. I will be sure to ask. Could the dealer have changed out the washers when they installed the riva sc impeller? Is a sc failure common with 28.2 hours on the ski?

Some failures had occured under 10 hrs

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithKman View Post
    So my dad and I are going to look at a 2004 RXP and 2005 RXT tomorrow. Besides the normal...looking at the bottom of the hull, checking the pump and impeller, checking the oil, and firing up the skis, what else should we take a look at when we go look at them tomorrow? It's pretty much up to me. If I think the skis are in good shape, my parents will probably buy them.

The RXP has 28.2 hours and the RXT has 26.2 hours. The RXP has a Riva Stage I setup along with the riva sc impeller and a few other things. He says the 2004 has the SC clutch update. The RXT is stock.

The guy is asking $16,000 for the whole setup. They come with a black Zieman trailer with the diamond plate, polished rims, and the four gas tank rack with 4 new gas cans. Is this a fair price?

Any info would be great.

I'm still very worried about the hulls getting the spider cracking on the bottom. I tend to ride my skis hard and I don't want to have any hull issues in the near or late future.
    I won't worry about the hulls getting spider cracks because their really isn't much that you can do to prevent it, we all have them.

Went and looked at the skis. They were in perfect shape. I asked him about the SC clutch and he said it never fasiled, they just installed the riva washers when they put the riva sc impeller in. The guy actually raced IJSBA back in the day and he knows a lot about skis. His name is Mike Maniscalchi, anyone know him?

+1
    I know Mike. Very good racer,very fast.. If you are buying ski's from him they are probably immaculate...

Thread Information