fizzle opas block offs

ok i know there are some guys out there that ordered these as well. so im looking for some results. how do they handle and how do they line up. i have the rivas on the ski right now and the fizzles sitting on the couch. just wanted to get a comparison on them. my rivas are siliconed on there pretty good just trying to see if its worth pulling them off.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 05_RXP View Post
    ok i know there are some guys out there that ordered these as well. so im looking for some results. how do they handle and how do they line up. i have the rivas on the ski right now and the fizzles sitting on the couch. just wanted to get a comparison on them. my rivas are siliconed on there pretty good just trying to see if its worth pulling them off.
    They work just like the RE's. They are longer than the Riva's. I would get rid of the Riva's and get the Fizzles. Better handling and less porpoising.

+1
    They will also require a fair amount of silicone if you're looking for a full seal. I'll have to do a back-to-back test with and without silicone sealing the gap to see if it's worth the effort. If you find that the fit might seem questionable at first, keep tilting the block-off plate back and forth to figure out the best alignment. I have a set on my ski now. I found that to get the best fit I lined up the bottom of the block-off to be parallel with the seam where the bottom and side of the hull meets. There's a gap between the hull and leading edge of the block-off plate, but that was there with all brands that I have tried or seen. It's there to accomodate for variations in hulls.

Quote Originally Posted by 05_RXP View Post

+1
    Here's what I was talking about with the lines being parallel. For the other side I had to tilt it slightly different to get what I thought was the best fit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-10-24_12-38-11_603.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	257207  

Ill buy what ever set you dont use =D

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Here's what I was talking about with the lines being parallel. For the other side I had to tilt it slightly different to get what I thought was the best fit.
    Jfizzle yours fit flush on the bottom of the hull?? As the others don't yours look like it does... always wondered about that. maybe my eye are playing tricks

ya i know the re's were a better set up its just that the fizzles are a new product just wanted to know how they lined up and performed back to back against the rivas. i guess i have to stop being so lazy and pull the rivas off and try back to back testing with the fizzles. i know even with the rivas need a little silicone and fitment as well.

+1
    Install instructions for the Fizzle/RE here: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72210

Thread Information