+1

Site traffic ratings

Pretty cool!

<SCRIPT type='text/javascript' language='JavaScript' src='http://xslt.alexa.com/site_stats/js/s/c?amzn_id=wwwgreenhulne-20&url=greenhulk.net'></SCRIPT>

You need more reciprocal links and it will increase your search engine validity.

Nice Job!!

Reciprocal links are good and certainly cant hurt but 90% of the traffic flows through major search engines such as yahoo (formally overture), and google. In order to be at the top you need to pay per click.

Yahoo handles many of the top searches such as yahoo and msn and google adwords handles google and aol.

Here is an example of what these terms would cost per click to be #1 on yahoo (similar for google too):

sea doo - $0.27
    jet ski - $0.33
    rxp - $0.11
    sea doo forum - $0.10

Anytime someone clicks on it that is what it will cost you. They only charge for one click in a day. In other words someone couldnt sit there and click your link over and over to run up the tab.

It can become quite costly. I spend about $3000 per month promoting my website that way.

I think that in this case where it is not a commercial site right now, word of mouth and the links on other websites are doing an awesome job. I personally have told a dozen people about the site as I am sure most other members have as well.

+1
    Thanks for spreading the word about the site Jack.

What kind of website do you have?

right, but reciprocal is what gives you a relevancy rating in the search engine. It is part of the algorith they use in determining rank. Probably one of the best because a site isn't really trustful unless someone else is linking to it. If you have a website with 2,000 people linking to it , it's got to have some good stuff on it. greenhulk.net is pretty much word of mouth from forums. I don't think I've seen it when googling about seadoo stuff. Sea-doo.net seems to have some pages out there. When Jerry got to selling stuff with Nils I was going to pick his brain about how he was marketed on the web....

I used to be a webmaster back in my self-employed days. I'd get 10,000-15,000 uniques a day. This isn't pageview which is a bloated stat but unique visitors. I was getting these from a website I made in college.

Eventually after a couple years altavista (was #1 back in the days) ended up blacklisting me because they discovered I was spamming the search engine after figuring out there rating algorith. I was top 10 for almost 100 of their top searches.

Anyways.... search engine's ratings (in general) is about dynamic changes in the page and content of the page. Your meta tags also let the search engines figure out what your site is about. Submission is big also. I had my pages submitted at the exact days that was max for each search engine. I believe I had it submitted to at least 400,000 search engines/ffa links every month (auto from a server). You want to get the top search engines during the intervals they spider.

PS I tried pay per click and spent lots of money on it , ended up finding better strategies and kept that money in my pocket. You can get those search queries with the right engine submission design. I think Jerry's investment in seadoo R&D would be better than clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kinchyle
    right, but reciprocal is what gives you a relevancy rating in the search engine. It is part of the algorith they use in determining rank. Probably one of the best because a site isn't really trustful unless someone else is linking to it. If you have a website with 2,000 people linking to it , it's got to have some good stuff on it. greenhulk.net is pretty much word of mouth from forums. I don't think I've seen it when googling about seadoo stuff. Sea-doo.net seems to have some pages out there. When Jerry got to selling stuff with Nils I was going to pick his brain about how he was marketed on the web....

I used to be a webmaster back in my self-employed days. I'd get 10,000-15,000 uniques a day. This isn't pageview which is a bloated stat but unique visitors. I was getting these from a website I made in college.

Eventually after a couple years altavista (was #1 back in the days) ended up blacklisting me because they discovered I was spamming the search engine after figuring out there rating algorith. I was top 10 for almost 100 of their top searches.

Anyways.... search engine's ratings (in general) is about dynamic changes in the page and content of the page. Your meta tags also let the search engines figure out what your site is about. Submission is big also. I had my pages submitted at the exact days that was max for each search engine. I believe I had it submitted to at least 400,000 search engines/ffa links every month (auto from a server). You want to get the top search engines during the intervals they spider.

PS I tried pay per click and spent lots of money on it , ended up finding better strategies and kept that money in my pocket. You can get those search queries with the right engine submission design. I think Jerry's investment in seadoo R&D would be better than clicks

so what your saying the more websites that link to yours, and the more websites that you have linked on yours, the morse it will come up in search engines?

the more websites that link to yours, you will have higher relevency with the search engines. Which means for the search queries that you come up for on the search engines you will get a higher rank. The kicker is, if the website that links to you is already a popular site you will have even more relevency. They are called "reciprocal links".

Imagine if microsoft had a link to your website. You could pretty much say that if microsoft linked to you, you have a pretty valid site and it should be worth top 10 rankings on search queries.

Thread Information