Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Ride plate/intake grate speed mods?

I finally got under my 300x and was looking at the rideplate/intake grate /transome plate and all i can say is WOW!!! If the little tricks that we used to make the GPR`S go fast work on the ultra`s there is speed to be gained in that area on the 300x. I noticed bolt heads hanging below the plate and ride plate edges hanging down way lower than the hull these area`s are causing major drag.
    on the gprs the hull/intake/transome plate/ride plate all stepped as they went towards the back of the ski not on the 300x,,there has got to be some speed gained from truing up this area.has anyone tried to work on this area of the ultra?

+1
    yep its all been done before on the previous ski and the 300

i dont think the gains are that measurable but each little thing adds up somewhere.

once again mr know it all with a helpless answer. I think he is looking for how it is done, or who does it.

I believe all of the ride plates, riva, TBM, and R&D try to acheive what you are talking about. The back of the plate gradually fades away from the running surface on the water making the boat seem shorter under speed causing there to be less plaining surface dragging on the water. I know the stock intake grate is extremely aggressive but I only ride my ski to catalina and back. I don't know if sacrifice in hook up vs the spped gain will be about the same or worse in overall speed from point a to point b. I hope that makes sense.

+1
    read his post again Mr TRON3000, he said all the tricks "WE" used on the GPR'S, so im guessing jeff007 knows his SHIT and exactly what is to be done. im sure jeff007 can see that you need to sand down the plate mounting lugs to raise the plate to the hull and tapper it off too the rear and cut down the two torque bolt heads, its not rocket science to someone that knows, so there you have it free info for you to go away with
    btw your post makes no sense at all.

The forum does have other readers that would most likely be enlightened to hear about these tricks. An explanation would probably be helpful to a lot of others that skim these threads. What I'm getting at is maybe answer for the not so master mechanic of jet ski's, share the wealth of knowledge.

and what I was trying to get at in my post is that in chop if my ski equipped with the stock intake grate runs 70.8 but hooks up pretty consistent, but with the R&D intake it free's up 1-2 MPH but it reaches top speed less due to more cavitation would it be worth it. Would the pro's (extra mph or 2) outweigh the cons (less hook up)?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TRON3000 View Post
    once again mr know it all with a helpless answer. I think he is looking for how it is done, or who does it.

I believe all of the ride plates, riva, TBM, and R&D try to acheive what you are talking about. The back of the plate gradually fades away from the running surface on the water making the boat seem shorter under speed causing there to be less plaining surface dragging on the water. I know the stock intake grate is extremely aggressive but I only ride my ski to catalina and back. I don't know if sacrifice in hook up vs the spped gain will be about the same or worse in overall speed from point a to point b. I hope that makes sense.
    REALLY????? He gave an answer that was truthful and notice he did state that the small gains add up somewhere. I am noticing that there a few Nicjak stalkers you included and you will turn every post he puts up into a pissing match. It stops now.

THE OP made a statement then his final words were his question. "has anyone tried to work on this area of the ultra? "

Nicjak answered his question. "yep its all been done before on the previous ski and the 300

i dont think the gains are that measurable but each little thing adds up somewhere. "

I am pretty sure Jeff knows that while it doesn't matter what ski it is all of those little tricks help to a degree. On a very fast GPR hull it will make much more of a difference than on the Ultra.

I do not see where you can get yourself all worked into ANOTHER hissy fit about one of Nicjak's post. Rather than trying to prove to all of us he doesn't know anything which we all know he does, Why don't you prove that you can actively contribute in ways other than bashing Nicjak.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TRON3000 View Post
    The forum does have other readers that would most likely be enlightened to hear about these tricks. An explanation would probably be helpful to a lot of others that skim these threads. What I'm getting at is maybe answer for the not so master mechanic of jet ski's, share the wealth of knowledge.
    If you and some of the others would not treat him the way y'all do he would share it with everyone. The way some of you act on here I no longer share anything either. We do what we do for the love of the sport and the product and have been for years. Now I can understand if everyone thinks we are from the past and don't know crap why are you asking him to share his knowledge with people that say he doesn't know anything. He and some others have given me lots of information and I have my ski running great. As far as what my ski is really about go see me at the races or else good luck knowing anything about my ski.

+1
    TRON3000, there is always this approach,
    thanks for the quick response nicjak (i understand your time is at a premium lmao) but i dont understand your response would you be ever so kind to explain it in more detail if not publicly in a pm would be fine for me
    regards your idol TRON3000

we are always here to help if you dont understand something ask again or in a pm many others do

+1
    Nijack, you guys lost against the All Black! Bad Aussies xD
    Nijack needs more love .

P.S: Lapstor, were you albe to retest your R&D rideplate? The only gain I saw on the net are people who use the R&D intergrate + Rideplate. Unless your ski has a problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information