Thread: sandiego

sandiego

My family and I are thinking of a trip to san diego other than the ocean where is a good place to ride, I was on the web site to look for different lakes and was frankley supprised at how little there was. Somaybe some one knows the skinny on where to go that isent on special days and have a 35mph speed limit.
    Thanks in advance.
    Oh yea time frame would be around 4th of july.

+1
    There is not a lot of Lake riding down here. I have stayed at Campland on the Bay and riden the bay and out to the ocean. I go up north to Lake Elsinore which is in Riverside county and ride. I also go out of Oceanside Harbor once in awhile and head north to Camp Pendleton for some wave jumping. Most of the lakes are resevoirs and are off limits to body contact.

Is there speed limits in those areas and is there a good place to beach the crafts and eat a lunch or just hang out, we may only get 1 or 2 days to ride, but I told my wife if were driving down there I'm bringing the skis. Any info is extremely helpful.

+1
    Fiesta Island has places to beach the skis and hang out if you have 4 wheel drive you can even launch from there. there are also many parks around mission bay it is a cool spot to hang out. Lots of other riders out there so be careful that time of year. I will see if I can find some links to website my wife has looked up a bunch of them I will get them posted tomorrow.

Thanks for the info, I will look for your posts wed, we will be staying in the area of the wild animal park, my father in law lives on a golf course in that area and we will be staying there. I wouldnt mind riding in the bays or ocean, but I dont think I could get my in laws up for that. I have rode in the oregon coast ocean which is exciting in itself, but for the in laws the calmer waters may be better.
    thanks

Thread Information