Need some info regarding Upgrading to X-Chargers

So the superchargers on my 2007 Sea Doo Speedster Wake 430hp still have the ceramic washers, and should probably just be rebuilt anyways.

I've read on these forums that X-Chargers can be purchased for not much more than what it costs to rebuild the stock superchargers, so thats the route I've decided to go.

Is there anything else I need to replace at the same time as the X-Chargers for the boat to work properly?

Where is the best/cheapest place to buy the X-Chargers from?

Thanks in advance!

+1
    I built a 06 Speedster 200 for a customer...I added 2 Xchargers, 2 4in cold air intakes, X fuel injectors and new ECU's..i could have gone with a RRFPR instead but wanted to get more RPM to enjoy those Xchargers.....

You can check out my build at :

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=120554

+1
    You need 42lbs fuel injectors.... Thats it.

I would do the 4" cold air intakes as well because you will get a great performance bump for really cheap... you can make your own intake.

After you add the X-Charger, 4" intake, and fuel injectors you will be making more power then your props will be able to handle. So you will hit the 8160rpm limiter way before full throttle... Just re-pitch the stock props to account for the increased RPM.

Don't buy new ECU's as thats very expensive and isn't a great bang for the buck purchase. Don't buy new props... just repitch the stock ones.

Thanks for your reply, is there a tutorial on how to make your own 4" intakes on here that I can look at?

Where is the best place to purchase X-Chargers and the fuel injectors I will need?

I am completely in the dark on how to pitch my props. Is it fairly easy to do, or would I be better off taking or sending them somewhere to get done?

Quote Originally Posted by TheElite0ne View Post
    You need 42lbs fuel injectors.... Thats it.

I would do the 4" cold air intakes as well because you will get a great performance bump for really cheap... you can make your own intake.

After you add the X-Charger, 4" intake, and fuel injectors you will be making more power then your props will be able to handle. So you will hit the 8160rpm limiter way before full throttle... Just re-pitch the stock props to account for the increased RPM.

Don't buy new ECU's as thats very expensive and isn't a great bang for the buck purchase. Don't buy new props... just repitch the stock ones.

I've read your thread about that build several times, thank you very much for posting all that info.

Did you not also do something different with the exhaust on that boat if I'm not mistaken?

I'm not sure if I heard the end result of all your work, was the customer happy?

I would be completely satisfied if I could get up around 65 mph, is that possible with x-chargers, instake, injectors and prop repitch?

I built a 06 Speedster 200 for a customer...I added 2 Xchargers, 2 4in cold air intakes, X fuel injectors and new ECU's..i could have gone with a RRFPR instead but wanted to get more RPM to enjoy those Xchargers.....

You can check out my build at :

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=120554

+1
    Your welcome..It hadnt been done before in a public forum so I figured why not share....

As far as the exhaust work, I had to create my own exhaust to resonator for the post motor because of the new I/C piping and the stock water box is in at an angle...If your not adding I/C's then you will be ok...

My customer is happy for what it is but he still wont give it to me long enough to play with the props, he would rather order new ones and try those with no good results. He also has a LARGE stereo in the boat and it gave both him and me fits with the charging system most of this summer....He melted both regulator/rectifiers and the fuses for the charging system.....I keep telling him if he keeps this current setup it will do it again...He doesnt believe me!!!

At last run the boat was mid 66 mph range with an ass load of cavitation on the bottom end.

not sure the stock I/C's would be able to keep cool enough to get you in that range, but i am not a I/C expert like others here....

Ah ok, well to be honest anything over 60 mph I would be happy with. There is one boat on the lake that is a tad faster than mine, I just need that little bit extra, haha.

How do you know what to pitch the props at, is there a formula, or is it just trial and error?

Where did you buy your X-Chargers and fuel injectors from? Whats an average price for them?

There was a link in that thread you made to your facebook page with more photos, the link doesn't work anymore, is there a way I could add you to Facebook so I can see them?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Your welcome..It hadnt been done before in a public forum so I figured why not share....

As far as the exhaust work, I had to create my own exhaust to resonator for the post motor because of the new I/C piping and the stock water box is in at an angle...If your not adding I/C's then you will be ok...

My customer is happy for what it is but he still wont give it to me long enough to play with the props, he would rather order new ones and try those with no good results. He also has a LARGE stereo in the boat and it gave both him and me fits with the charging system most of this summer....He melted both regulator/rectifiers and the fuses for the charging system.....I keep telling him if he keeps this current setup it will do it again...He doesnt believe me!!!

At last run the boat was mid 66 mph range with an ass load of cavitation on the bottom end.

not sure the stock I/C's would be able to keep cool enough to get you in that range, but i am not a I/C expert like others here....

where you located ben?

The speedster 510 has a COMPLETELY different exhaust system.

Thread Information