Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How long does seadoo xp 951 last?

Hey all! Just a quick question....i have a 2002 Seadoo xp...custom paint job...hydroturf...and k&n air filter....should do around 66 with the vts working! and i was wondering how long they last....as in hour wise...it has 80-85 hours on it...im on it pretty much every day during the summer....sometimes when im free in the spring...i keep good care of her over all...well i try to atleast...gotta fix a couple things but she will be almost mint by the time april 2012 comes...with the exeption of one chip in the paint and a few scratches that cannot be buffed out...there too deep....so i was wondering if they last 300-400 hours...i might throw a r&d intake grate or somethin small like that...just to boost the speed a bit more...dont wanna spend alot of money on her...guys have any ideas? How long they last...and what should i do with her?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Seadooxp1997 View Post
    i was wondering how long they last....as in hour wise...
    It should last 200 hours in stock form. Just keep up with the PM and it should last.

+1
    Honestly it depends on the maintenance upkeep you continue to do on the ski throughout the years. If you properly maintain the ski it COULD last 300-400 HRS+ which I've seen ski's do, but there are unforeseen issues that could blow a bearing, snag the impeller on the housing or gaskets failing early. Regular maintenance does cost money if you plan on keeping it for a while. Goodluck

Thank You!

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by elmatta View Post
    Honestly it depends on the maintenance upkeep you continue to do on the ski throughout the years. If you properly maintain the ski it COULD last 300-400 HRS+ which I've seen ski's do, but there are unforeseen issues that could blow a bearing, snag the impeller on the housing or gaskets failing early. Regular maintenance does cost money if you plan on keeping it for a while. Goodluck
    +1

+1

watch that intake

It can last 300 hours. But, if you want to gain top end dont put on that intake grate. It inproves your hook up which will rob your top end. I also doubt your 66 mph estimate. A stock ski with a bit of jetting and K N air filters may improve to 60-61mph.

Just my .02.

951 lasting past 200 hours?! LMAO

A 951 past 200 hours is like screwing hookers with no condoms.. Its a matter of time!

Actually, there is no rhyme or reason to how long a 951 will last. The statement "depends on how you maintain it" is BS. True, you need to make sure the fuel system is in top condition and never allows it to go excessively lean, and you need to make sure you don't ingest water. Other than that, there is nothing you can do to ensure that it will last a long time. Most don't make it to 100 hours. Some make it to 400 hours. Often when they go, they go spectacularly, holes in the case and other such nonsense. The weak link in these motors are the pistons; they often drop skirts, and the skirts get chewed up in the bottom end and spit out wherever they will go.

You won't know when yours will go. Could be tomorrow, could be in a few years. Just ride it and don't worry about it. If you want a reliable motor, get a 717 powered ski, or go 4-stroke.

+1
    With proper engine upkeep, preventative maintenance, using a good oil, fuel and monitoring the engines health with regular compression checks and being a responsible rider not abusing the craft, there is no reason the craft can't go 300-400 hours....as mentioned in above posts.

There is documentation of well maintained 2 and 4 strokes lasting 600-800 hours, and abused, poorly maintained 2 and 4 strokes lasting only 50 hours.

top ends are cheap, I'd just replace it every 100-150 hours. That gives you a chance to inspect the crank and replace the counterbalancer oil.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information