Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2005 RXT turns over but wont start

I have a 2005 Seadoo RXT SCIC ski. The ski turns over but wont start. I checked the fuel pump and I thought it wasnt working so i replaced the entire fuel pump assembly. It still didnt start, now having the red-a$$ i quit for the day. The next day i hit the start button and it started. I rode it a couple of hours and i thought i had fixed it, it ran great. The following day it wont start again. Taking lessons from the local dealerships, i started just replacing parts, the first was the MPEM and ECU and of course it still wont start. I checked the fuel pump by running it straight to the battery and the pump worked and the ski started. I checked the voltage going to the pump and it showed voltage but for some reason it just wont work, Some days it will start and others it will not. I am now into this piece of work for big bucks. I am looking for any help. Ive had skis for years and ive been lucky enough to just read not post.

+1
    Sounds like a bad DESS post.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Sounds like a bad DESS post.

Would a bad DESS post allow it to turn over????

That was the question i was gonna ask, It turns over,, the key beeps twice but the fuel pump just wont run,

+1
    No but he did not mention if it was cranking and not starting. Any magnet will power up the fuel pump and gauge but it will not crank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Would a bad DESS post allow it to turn over????

+1
    Are you sure its the fuel pump???it will cycle for only a few seconds till the ski starts.Do you have a fuel pressure gauge in line by chance??If not i would see about getting one to make sure you do/dont have fuel pressure..any codes thrown on the dash???

i have a fully charged battery, the voltage at the A & D terminals is 11.8 when the key is inserted, after 2 seconds it drops to 11.1. The voltage is at the terminal plug which plugs into the fuel pump, but it wont operate the fuel pump.

The fuel pump has no pressure on it. It doesnt run at all.. I have an SBT code reader, it shows "P0463
    Fuel level sensor circuit shorted to 12V or open circuit", but i have checked the fuel pump on another ski and it works just fine. The wierd part is that some days it will start just fine, others it wont. Go figure, also I am checking everything that is suggested and it is much appreciated.

+1
    even though the pump is new doesnt mean it couldnt be bad...i would first check all the wires and connectors to make sure they are good and free from corrosion and debris,then pull the pump assembly and do the same to the wires/connectors also..if they all check out ok then i would check the filters and then if all is good i would see about getting a new pump...remember they are only a electric pump and if dropped could damage it...

I've already done that, I swapped the fuel pump from this "possessed ski" to another similar ski and the fuel pump worked. I just cant understand how i can have the voltage and it not work

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information