Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ball Bearing With Bellows

Installed drive shaft hat and c clip and looked back and saw the tell-tale groove was showing so i went to take the drive shaft back out to repostion it and now the bearing from the motor is stuck on my drive shaft infront of my hat. What does this mean? Is this something that i should be worried about after I get it off my driveshaft? Thanks for the help
    Last edited by AReiter; 02-25-2012 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Change Title

+1
    Nothing to worry about. Pull it out the driveshaft and push it back in the bellows.

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    You need a new BALL BEARING WITH BELLOWS!
    Here you are:420832648 BALL BEARING WITH BELLOW $134.99

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by eb87 View Post
    Nothing to worry about. Pull it out the driveshaft and push it back in the bellows.
    It will leak!

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1
    That's BS, if the rubber bellow is ok, just put the bearing back in
    And put a new clamp on , and all is ok

Clean the rubber below with some breakcleaner , so the bearing does not slide out after you tighten the clamp

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrracing View Post

Clean the rubber below with some breakcleaner , so the bearing does not slide out after you tighten the clamp
    +1 make sure you put same clamp back on it, or it will have potential to leak!

Thanks for all of your guys' help, now i just need to figure out a way to get that d*** thing off my driveshaft.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrracing View Post

+2..

Quote Originally Posted by Sturm215 View Post
    +1 make sure you put same clamp back on it, or it will have potential to leak!

NO you DO NOT have to use the same clamp to prevent leaks...Heres a little tip i use on my skis taught to me by another forum member....First make sure the bearing didnt "seperate" once you confirm the bearing is ready to go and you have cleaned the boot and seal good with brake clean,take and put a small layer of black RTV silicone around the outside of the bearing being careful as not to get any in the bearing itself,once you have the silicone on the bearing push it back into the rubber boot,once in the rubber boot you CAN use a worm gear clamp to clamp and hold the bearing in place..Once the silicone drys,usually 12 hours,replace the driveshaft and carbon seal and be on your way..

As far as getting it off the shaft???usually a couple of good pulls against the carbon seal assembly will pullit off,if not take a small rubber mallet and tap it off...

Thanks Snoman, always a great help and reliable scource. I did just as you said and was able to pull it against the carbon seal to get it off. The bearing did seperate but I just took the other part out of the bellow and put them back together with a few good taps with a rubber mallet. Cleaned up the area and had a worm clamp laying around and tightened the hell out of it. Should be good to go, again thanks for the help

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    +2..

NO you DO NOT have to use the same clamp to prevent leaks...Heres a little tip i use on my skis taught to me by another forum member....First make sure the bearing didnt "seperate" once you confirm the bearing is ready to go and you have cleaned the boot and seal good with brake clean,take and put a small layer of black RTV silicone around the outside of the bearing being careful as not to get any in the bearing itself,once you have the silicone on the bearing push it back into the rubber boot,once in the rubber boot you CAN use a worm gear clamp to clamp and hold the bearing in place..Once the silicone drys,usually 12 hours,replace the driveshaft and carbon seal and be on your way..

As far as getting it off the shaft???usually a couple of good pulls against the carbon seal assembly will pullit off,if not take a small rubber mallet and tap it off...

not trying to make it a pissing match by no means but I did just that with the right stuff silicone trying to cheat the system.. didn't work!! I tried similiar size gear clamp with right stuff and after a ride a good ride........ limp mode low oil...... bought new bellow with pinch clamp and no problems yet. There could be other factors as the rings in the bearing or bearing not closed together which were all checked..... I said F it and bought new and no problems, But to each there own brotha man.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information