+1

Missed out on the best deal!

Well guys i blew it big time. I was down in jersey for the giants/dolphins game and i found a deal on a 2003 gp1300r with a 2009 sho motor. i ended up getting wasted at the game and not calling him till the monday and he traded it for an rxp. here is the kicker, he was selling it to me for 4850$ only 20 hours on the motor and is not set up 100% but runs 81.2mph as is. the only problem is that there was water that enters the hull through the pump shoe bolt holes. Just had to share that i am sooo pissed i lost this deal. snooze you lose i guess. I hope the guy who got this deal considers himself a lucky SOB. good luck with the ski.

+1
    In a 03 hull chances are the water entering the pump shoe holes is because the tunnels blown out. Its a common problem on an 03. That ski was for sale for a long long time.

+1
    i only saw it for sale last week. but i have a 2000 hull in the garage i could have dropped it into.

+1
    It's often those deals that are "to good to be true" end up being "to good to be true". Don't base that find on a deal you're looking to duplicate...if so, you'll probably never get another one. If it was straight up and legit, it was a KILLEER deal. Good luck finding what you want regardless.

+1
    Oh i know all about the "to good to be true" saying. And i will keep looking for what i want or i will build it. but i guess for now i will be working on the rxp putting in all the parts i got off the guys on here. thanks everyone.

+1
    There is a GPRSHO FS in CT. If your interested ill put you in contact.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    There is a GPRSHO FS in CT. If your interested ill put you in contact.

ya i saw that, he wants 10 000. i know thats a reasonable price, just at 5000 i have the funds for it right now and was willing to gamble. but for 10 000 i might as well build my gprxp for less cause a neighbour of mine has an 08 rxpx motor and electronics i can grab for 3200.

+1
    It sounds like the one I was looking at. I was told it was a basket case totally rigged up. I was still interested in buying it but the guy would not provide pictures or hull I D number.

I had that ski lined up I by for 4k the motor was stolen that's why I didn't buy it the shoe bolt holes were torn out the tunnel didn't crack but it was a very rig job on the whole ski bit was worth the 4k but not gonna take a chance with a stolen motor

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kozerxp View Post
    I had that ski lined up I by for 4k the motor was stolen that's why I didn't buy it the shoe bolt holes were torn out the tunnel didn't crack but it
    was a very rig job on the whole ski bit was worth the 4k but not gonna take a chance with a stolen motor
    Damn. I didn't know the motor was stolen. I asked him if it was legit because I had to cross the border with the ski. Thanks now I'm happy I didn't get it. And on the bright side I picked up a running 09 fzr with damaged hull for 1900 so things worked out in the end.

Thread Information