Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gp1300 05 problem

I just got my top end rebuilt as it had a rattle was a scored bore replaced with new yamaha bore and piston new rings needle bearings the yamaha dealer stripped the whole engine said it was only the bore and piston was stuffed I supplied all gaskets and top end rebuild kit used all genuine parts bar the riva stuffers and heads got it back ran good I'm 1 hour into run in and it has a rattle again do you know if they bend rods they said no warranty as I supplied all the parts but the pulled the engine all apart and said it was all good what should I do? As I used all genuine parts should they fix it

+1
    Most shops will warranty labor that is to say if something went wrong with something they installed wrong or something failed because they installed it wrong. Even if you supplied the parts. but they shouldn't be liable for a part you supplied new or not if the part is faulty. if the shop checked everything and are saying everything is ok there may be problems elsewhere with the ski maybe the pump or flywheel or the PTO coupling running together (not enough end play Metal to Metal).

If you dont trust them it may be better to get another opinion.
    Good luck hope this helps Jerry

Yeah think is no3 conrod is bent as the deal had the engine all apart inspected it and say it's all good so the parts I supplied are good but the rod may be bent which has stuffed the new bore and piston I think they should wear the cost as the said the crank was fine and gave me the list of parts to order?

+1
    Sounds like the rod could have been bent from the first build but getting them to admit they missed it might be difficult. weather they missed it or not if the rod is bent your looking at a crank and new seals anyway. maybe the dealer will help you out since they already been in it.
    Good luck with the build

+1
    What makes you think the rod is bent?

Since the rattle sounds the same as before and sounds like piston slap in that cylinder

+1
    These 2 stroke motors are very noisy. I'm betting your rod is fine.

I've had it since new and it never had a rattle I took it back to get looked at today the dealer reckon it's the riva heads so they are putting the stock one on to see if it goes away and if it's still there which it will be they will pull it back down

So they have pulled the engine down and can not find a problem with it crank is fine bearings fine rods fine got us all stuffed as to what is making the rattle anyone got any ideas? Thinking maybe piston slap

+1
    There's 'piston slap' until the motor is at operating temp

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information