Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

04 RXP Red Supercharger??

I just bought this and is this the stock color for 04? I have 107 hours on it and If not im going to have it rebuilt.

I also noticed on the bottom of the impellar inlet there was a drip of oil sittnig there. That must be from the stock seal leaking?

Any help would be Great.

Thanks in advance...

+1
    that's the stock s/c color

+1
    Yes, that is the color for 04, only year they did that. As for the oil on the lip, it can be a leak but it could also be from your breather which is routed through you intake in order to keep the Entire intake system coated in a little bit of oil. Some guys get catch cans so this doesn't happen but if you ride salt def keep it.

ah^^ u beat me lol.

Ok Thanks! Time to pull it...Compression test? 107 hours on it. What should it be? I looked on here and did not see anything...

Thanks!

+1
    I dont think u need to do a compression test on your motor unless your having issues. That being said it should be around 135-130. Somewhere in there. If your still talking about the SC there is no compression test, at 107 hrs its time for a rebuild , especially because im guessing you still have the ceramic washers in there. Send it off to jerry for the rebuild.

Cold its 110lbs in all 3 dry..I hope thats not too bad...Thanks for the help.

Im pulling the SC today... Unless the compression is way too low...Then im going to call my insurance company and sink it deep in the river...lol

I just checked my compression with a dinky tester using the part of the tool that has the rubber boot that you simply shove against the spark plug hole. I got 115 on all 3....not having any mechanical issues other than my x charger is tired at 120-130hrs.

I did the compression check with a somewhat warm engine - using rubber boot end of the tool, NOT a screw-in type which would take up more volume and yeild slightly higher numbers I assume. Any thoughts on that?

I think that kind works also.. I have a Harbor freight screw in type..Hope this is off 10-20 lbs...lol

+1
    pull one plug at a time, have a fully charged battery (or on a charger), and hold the throttle wide open when checking.

+1
    not having any mechanical issues other than my x charger is tired at 120-130hrs.
    You better get that thing rebuilt VERY soon. Ticking time bomb... Don't wait till its too late, it will cost u lots more , if you don't.

The bearings fail most of the time, with excessive hours...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information