Tis the season to start looking for another ski...

Ok, I have been working on paying off my debt for a while now so I can have a new(er)toy for next summer. I am thinking about either a 2002+ Honda Aquatrax, 2005+ Seadoo GTX, or a 2004+ Kawasaki STX. I am not concerned with turbos and superchargers... I would prefer without if I could find a ski in my price range. I am not going to be modding it, just want something my girl and I can ride comfortably. Now I have rode an Auqutrax turbo and a newer GTX. The Honda turbo was awesome, as was the GTX. The Honda I rode really didn't seem big enough for 2 people, although it was not the 3 seater and I know they are bigger. I really liked the size of the GTX though. Have never been on a Kawi. I have always been Honda loyal with all of my other toys. I would like to get any opinions on the above pwc's... what you like/dislike about which, and why. Thanks

My Aunt has an 06 GTX N/A. It's a good machine. It's big, it handles the chop well. It is in my opinion the best option for riding 2 up. It can also pull tubers, skiers, etc. if you have friends or family that enjoy that. The gas is good. We can ride it hard all day and generally not have to refill. It has about 270 hours on it and it has only been in twice. Once for an electrical issue I think, and the other time was a cracked pump. Overall performance is decent. It handles well for it's size and is fast enough for an average user. I prefer my gp1200r, but it's two completely different skis for different uses.

Thanks for the input Rampage. If I were riding by myself a lot then I would probably do something closer to the GP. We mostly ride in the Tar River here in Greenville and the Pamlico Sound in Washington NC. The water in the sound can be VERY choppy at times. Also planning on using it around the Atlantic Beach NC area to do some island hopping. Like the sound, the Beaufort inlet can get pretty bad.

Anyone else have any opinions?

Thread Information