Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

08 Scer Oil Modification

I am wanting to do the 08 Scer mod on my 07 rxp. Can any body help with some kind of how to do guide or link to one and what parts I need to do the mod.

+1
    Should have used the search feature first I have could what I am looking for.

My next question is the oil mod forces oil down the centre of the shaft and the drains back out of the hole on the Scer case which is just to one of the "O" rings if I am correct in thinking this? The propose of the mod is to flow more oil to the bearings and clutch again if I am looking at this correctly?

Can anybody just confirm to me my thinking is correct on the above.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by oz_speed View Post
    Should have used the search feature first I have could what I am looking for.

My next question is the oil mod forces oil down the centre of the shaft and the drains back out of the hole on the Scer case which is just to one of the "O" rings if I am correct in thinking this? The propose of the mod is to flow more oil to the bearings and clutch again if I am looking at this correctly?

Can anybody just confirm to me my thinking is correct on the above.
    No. the oil comes out under the gear and lubricates the clutch assembly.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    No. the oil comes out under the gear and lubricates the clutch assembly.
    So the oil is sprayed in to the opening at the end of the shaft then travels down the shaft, then comes out of the shaft in to the Scer case to lube the bearings and then runs back out of the hole in the case.? Forgive me of I seem ignorant but I would like to get this right in me head before I start the work. I have never had the case of the engine before so i can only go by photos etc. poking at the photos I have seen the sprayer pipe stops a mm before the end of the shaft and sprays oil in to the hole in the end of the shaft or is it just spraying oil on to the gears and clutch?

+1
    the oil is sprayed into the shaft VIA the front oil hole,travels down the center of the shaft till it reaches the gear/clutch assembly were there is another hole in the "side" of the shaft under the gear and needle bearings..From there the oil is "forced" out through the bearings and passed the clutch/gear assembly by the 4 groves on each side of the gear...You can see what im talking about if you take a WD-40 can and squirt it down the shaft while the SCer is out...

+1
    So why do people block the hole in the casing near one of the o rings. If you do the 08 oil mod do you in-block the hole and why?

+1
    They use to block hole on misinformed info thinking that's where oil was coming from into intercooler pips, it's the seal that's behind the impeller that leaks... and New info to me also is the hole is for oil to escape the charger housing from bearings.

Do some searches you can read for days!

Just to be clear, the '08 oiler mod does NOT provide more oil to the bearings, it only provides much more flow to the clutch washers to keep them cool under high slip loads.

On all models, the bearings get their oil from the flywheel gear spinning oil up from the sump. There is more than plenty oil flooding up to the bearings; that is why there is a problem keeping the oil in the SC when the inner seal breaks down due to heat. (it is why the Viton seal is better for high output SC's)

+1
    It was thought back in the day that,that hole was the cause of oil leaking into the front Scer housing...Well after some time and efforts of members on this forum it was found to be the front seal cannot handle the heat of the bigger chargers and gets weak causing the oil to leak,not that oil hole..This is were the Viton front oil seals come into play..Now from what ive been told and learned that hole is for oil to escape the bearing side of the Scer...So I would not mess with that hole as it does serve a purpose on our chargers..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information