Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

when should you add a RRFPR?

I'm running a stock ECU, Xcharger, 3" intake, 42lbs injector and going to put in a Fizzle IC. Do I need to run a RRFPR or I'm I Ok? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joewharton2 View Post
    I'm running a stock ECU, Xcharger, 3" intake, 42lbs injector and going to put in a Fizzle IC. Do I need to run a RRFPR or I'm I Ok? Thanks
    I have the same exact set-up to date. No RRFPR yet, and this is after 130hrs of throttle hammering, winter through summer here in the desert at 600 and 1100ft elevation.

+1
    Do it when you add the Fizzle. Also, upgrade to a 4" intake. Feed that charger.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Do it when you add the Fizzle. Also, upgrade to a 4" intake. Feed that charger.
    do I need to?

Banned User
    +1
    do I need to?

Yea, you need too...That X SC wants air, you are choking it with the 3", which is actually 2.75" internally. So going to a 4" is a 77% gain in volume supply....That volume supply will yield more boost, and with the added flow of cold air from the new IC, you will need more fuel...If you have the chance, find a way to monitor your AFR's as soon as you can...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Yea, you need too...That X SC wants air, you are choking it with the 3", which is actually 2.75" internally. So going to a 4" is a 77% gain in volume supply....That volume supply will yield more boost, and with the added flow of cold air from the new IC, you will need more fuel...If you have the chance, find a way to monitor your AFR's as soon as you can...
    +1. The Innovate MTX-L kit is a great kit.

do I need to?

You dont need to. But you would want to if you want max benefit of the whole package so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Yea, you need too...That X SC wants air, you are choking it with the 3". So going to a 4" is a 77% gain in volume supply....
    joewharton - using the 3in, as you mentioned, is why you would be safe without the RRFPR. Choking the intake side a little. I havent installed my 4in intake yet because im just not prepared yet to monitor air/fuel. But with my 3in air, ive managed to stay in 1 piece after 130hrs. So if you stick with 3in air for now, you can add the RRFPR later when you have more money to blow. Otherwise, add it now just for the sake of getting it done with and out of the way.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    joewharton - using the 3in, as you mentioned, is why you would be safe without the RRFPR. Choking the intake side a little. I havent installed my 4in intake yet because im just not prepared yet to monitor air/fuel. But with my 3in air, ive managed to stay in 1 piece after 130hrs. So if you stick with 3in air for now, you can add the RRFPR later when you have more money to blow. Otherwise, add it now just for the sake of getting it done with and out of the way.
    Thanks blkturbo

Thanks blkturbo
    Furthermore (just to put it out there), as far as this being a tried-and-true set up as far as my ski is concerned, the only differences I see between our skis would be weather/elevation/octane.
    Ive stayed in one piece here in DRY weather at 1100ft elevation and less, and 91 octane (i can only get 91 here, unless i spike it with 100).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information