Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

braking in an 07 RXP

Hey guys i got the chance to ride a friends 0 hour 07 rxp today Yellow and black pretty nice i must say , i have noticed a couple of changes from the 06 model so i took some photos , beside the new colors i guess the only changes i noticed was the angle and the width of the steering colum and the location of the dess and the beep ,i find the beep way to loud on my 06 and now it will face the driver making it even louder , the seat cover feels peretty good i like it , the large stickers can be peeled off if not desired . they went to black from chrome on the switch covers or whatever they are called , i took it for a ride but biscane bay was rough so i have no numbers to post for now ,i opened her up for a short burst she rews up to 7600-7700 rpms no problem in salt water with 0 hours of brake in . the motor feels tight and not wery responsive i guess it's to new ,i'm sure it will wake up once it's broken in . i'm pretty sure it will run identical to the 06 model , also i took a close look at the red 07 (diden't like it at all )and i have a feeling that the sun will fade the red to orange in no time .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3558.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	13527   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3557.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	13528   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3555.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	13529   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3571.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	13530  

+1
    Well you will have different suggestions.
    I recommend you do 2-5 good hard accelleration runs to top speed, hold it there for 2 seconds and seat the rings. Then ride it varying rpm's after that.

My ski didn't open up until the 8-12 hour mark. It ran 7700 RPM's then, but after around the 8-12 hour mark I hit 8000rpm's.

Banned User
    No # plates on the '07? I know from the "polls" that some people don't like 'um but I thinks it added space missing asscetically, I like the black trim.. Take all those stickers off and it would look good.

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    I like the look of the stuff that used to be chrome in black. I did about a 15 minute idle warm up on the RXT and then started off accelerating from a stop to different RPMS at a rising rate. later on that day i did about two 10 second full throttle runs. The second time out i followed basically the same routine but got a little more aggressive. Only time will tell.

+1
    Ride it like you stoled it..Thats what ive been taught..Break it in the way your gonna ride it..Used to be on race team we never BROKE a motor in
    we let it get up to operating temp let it run for a while shut her down checked the valves and beat the hell out of her..Never had a engine failure.A few of the other guys out here will tell you the same,some will tell you differant..Its basically up to you how you want to break it in..

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Ride it like you stoled it..Thats what ive been taught..Break it in the way your gonna ride it..Used to be on race team we never BROKE a motor in
    we let it get up to operating temp let it run for a while shut her down checked the valves and beat the hell out of her..Never had a engine failure.A few of the other guys out here will tell you the same,some will tell you differant..Its basically up to you how you want to break it in..
    i am with you on this.......

+1
    Man i like the handle bars are they sitting higher then the 06 if so. It will be better to me i think for wave jumping. I have to bend down some when wavejumping i think with these if raise it will be a better angle.

I don't like the handlebars at all. Looks like they tried to make them the same angle as the umi setup.

I noticed the gauges are all digital now. Can you put those gauges on an 2004 or 2005 ski?

+1
    Wow you know what I just noticed about your yellow and black RXP?

The pre production models hand the yellow top hood for that compartment and yours is black.

I bet the realized that the see through yellow wasn't a good idea.

Check it out in the pic.
    http://www.sea-doo.net/units/2007/20...ec%20Sheet.pdf

I wonder if they did away with the red see through hood?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information