Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jet Boat fuel system. No return?

Hey guys tearing into a 2005 speedster with twin 185 looking to upgrade to the x charger 42lb injectors and the crappy 215 icer's. I dont see any kind of regulator or return line on this fuel system. Will I be ok with this fuel system? Thanks Guys for the help.

+1
    Just like the skis, there is no return on these fuel systems

Thanks! I was thinking the skis had a return line somehow. I dont know where I got that from. Then my fuel pumps should be fine I guess just need to get the 42lb injectors. I dont see a regulator anywhere in line is it hiddin? Thanks again for your help Tiny!

+1
    Fuel pressure regulator is on the top of the pump like on the skis as well....almost everything is the same as the skis.....there are a few exceptions...

Is there a way to remove the factory regulators and install my own external? From what I read the old 185 GTX motors had crappy fuel pressure regulators. I have solas props on it now and It turns 7950rpm and the GTX 185 computer had a 7600 rpm rev limiter so Im sure I have different computers than the 185 GTX but I dont know if I have the same crappy regulators. Tiny I appreciate your help.

After diggin some more I found the Riva FPR delete plug where I can remove the stock one and install an after market regulator

+1
    I'm very interested in this build as I'm tossing around doing the same thing to my speedster 370 hp. Are you changing your flywheels out for more boost ? Im under the impression that the flywheels need to be changed out to mess with the sc gear on the x chargers.

Its a pain just go buy a 430 man. Yes flywheels have to be changed. And to top it off your computers suck so you will have to round up some of those too.

Just a note on this thread, there certainly is a fuel line return after the injectors, like the skis. I have two regulators installed, and they both go at the last point before the return. They work by constricting the return line during high boost to create more inline fuel pressure through the injectors. I don't have a pic, but will be working on it this weekend and can snap one.

+1
    But when your done you will have more power then the 430 hp shouldn't you ?
    How hard was it to change the flywheels
    Quote Originally Posted by slydogge View Post
    Its a pain just go buy a 430 man. Yes flywheels have to be changed. And to top it off your computers suck so you will have to round up some of those too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information