+1

RXT-X 260 S/C hour rebuild Question.

Hey everyone. Well here in VaBch, its time to put the ski away for winter. Unfort. I will not be able to ride again until next July due to the job. My question is this, my 2010 RXT-X 260 has 79hrs on it now and completely stock. When I do pull the ski out the first week of July this coming summer, I will be taking a 400 mile 3 day trip again. I will most likely go over the 100hr rebuild by just a couple of hours. Will my ski be ok if I am easy on it and will the ski go into limp mode if I surpass the 100hrs mark. Another reason, I did not go ahead and do the rebuild is, because I may end up selling it and getting a new ski. Thanks guys!!!

+1
    IMO, I would have SC rebuilt by Jerry over the winter. I guarantee you the stock SC has lot some slip anyway. If you don't rebuild it, next summer you are going to worry about it and it will drive you nuts! Just do it early for piece of mind. Now is a good time to work on your ski, not HOT and not to cold. If you do sell the ski it only ADDS to your resale value.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    IMO, I would have SC rebuilt by Jerry over the winter. I guarantee you the stock SC has lot some slip anyway. If you don't rebuild it, next summer you are going to worry about it and it will drive you nuts! Just do it early for piece of mind. Now is a good time to work on your ski, not HOT and not to cold. If you do sell the ski it only ADDS to your resale value.

It's good advise. Take it...No down side....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post

+1...Even if you do not have it rebuilt and it goes over 100 hours it will not go into limp mode,you will just get a maintance light on your dash...

Rebuilt every 80 hours, if you run offshore for real, but run only on the river so you can run 100 hours before you fix it.

/Robban

+1
    BUy a Second SCer and sell yours in the classifieds. NO down time at all and when it is all said and done you wont spend that much more money but have absolutly no down time. or worries.
    iF YOU DO REBUILD IT. Let Jerry do it.

Thread Information