Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Angry Triple Trouble Projects this winter...

Since the Polaris gathering I've been acquiring projects almost faster then I've been burning my money. I'm basically fully vested into my IQR project that should near completion right after xmas. Following the month of January I'll be begin the first of three triple cylinder projects I have in store for myself.

1. My 1st ski I posted up the 92 Sl 650 that has absolutely been the most wrenched on little used ski I know of....on my 3rd top end! So I'm going to start by taking the fuel system apart again completely and then see the top end issues hopefully it will tell me something that I can fix and get it running for more than an 1 hour this coming year.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00159.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	258065
    2. The second project has just presented itself today, Jay was able to pick this up with about a 2 second kick over.....My 95 SL 750 just crapped out the PTO cylinder most likely to a kink in the fuel line running from the pump to the carbs but will investigate during tear down! 140, 140, 85 psi on cylinders. At least it made it threw the Polaris meeting and over 40-50 hours of ride time this year!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00196-20110704-1206.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	258076
    3. The third triple is a 97 SL 900 that I picked up that is in great shape other than the out of phase crank! I'm posting a video of it to show that a domestic will turn up to more than 5k rpm with an out of phase crank, also under Jay's (Polaris Professionals/Sharp's Marine) guidance and expertise we'll show the out of phase, the correction, and the rebuild. I will not say what size the 900 will come out as next summer but I'm very excited about the domestic, Richie Sharp teasing me with the power potential and his over the top machines, and Jay finally giving me something that if it holds together will get me over 50mphs and join the big leagues!!!
    VID 00002-20111105-1150.3GP

I have spent over $30k on college to date and I'm still taking classes now twice a week nights... jay says everytime I stop up to Sharp's I'm going to Polaris school! Well right now I've been out about $3k on Polaris 101 but haven't lost the interest to succeed and building great friendships along the way. I can't wait for the gathering in 2012 and will definitely have some freshed up SLs....

+1
    Man I remember riding on the SL900 when it came out... You'll enjoy that one, I'd invest your time and money into it first, it'll make you leave the other two at home!

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cigarlust View Post
    Man I remember riding on the SL900 when it came out... You'll enjoy that one, I'd invest your time and money into it first, it'll make you leave the other two at home!
    I absolutely agree. You will forget about the other ones really quick. The 900 is in a whole different league compared to a 650 or 750. 10 MPH better than the 750. I love mine...........then I got a 1200

I can agree with the fact I'll like the 900 but the other two will not take the time or money to get fixed up and ready to go.....

+1
    You go Mike!!!

+1
    1+
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyA View Post
    You go Mike!!!

I've been so busy with school and working on my sled that I never needed to finish that I finally got around to the tear down of my skis. I pulled the motor out of the 650 and Im going to follow up this with taking the 900 motor out. I'll allocate my funds to the 900/1050 conversion, then replace the pistion out of the 750, and finish the 650 over the summer as funds allow. I still haven't decided wether to make the 92 a 750 with my spare motor and electronics, either way I have to rebuild that 750 and the current 650. I would have done the 900 but my blazer has crapped out the fuel pump and has been sucking my toy fund up with parts failing lately on me. Should be able to start the skis backup when my repairs are done this week, hoping to be able to start purchasing parts once the blazer is up and running and the funds stop having to get used on it.

Here are a few pics of the shop and 650...

Stayed late at work to pay catchup and took the opportunity to catch up on the 900 soon to be 1050! After tearing down the domestic in about 2 hours I believe I'm going to sell off my fujis and start putting domestics in my other two SL hulls!!!!! like the extended pump, ride plate, pump bracket, and the ease of pulling it out. Shaft and prop seem absolutely perfect. Good pickup

Motor is heading to Sharps next weekend!

Banned User
    +1
    Why are you changing it to a 1050? Just an FYI, the domestic motors are not direct bolt ins to a ski that has a Fuji motor.

Bryan - since I'm going to have to replace the top end anyways I figure I'll just upgrade to the 1050 while the motor is out. Should make for an easy upgrade with the motor and electronics out and assessable. I agree that the swap from a Fuji would be more involved then I let on in the prior post. Domestic motors just seem alot easier to work on.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information