Sea Doo RXP HELP !!!

Hi everyone,
    I have a 2004 Sea Doo RXP supercharged and the carbon seal started leaking real bad and almost sunk my sea doo. We drove the boat slowly a 1/2 mile to shore and parked it. It had roughly 8 inches of water in the hull, however I have a cowl mounted cold air intake with everything securely fastened. We had no signs of water in the supercharger or in the oil from the engine. We replaced the carbon seal, shaft bearing, and ring assembly. And now when we try to drive it, it feels like the supercharger is possibly slipping. It will run great on land and in the water but anything more than idle it does not move any faster, its just sits there while the rpm's climb. It feels like the clutch is trying to engage at higher rpms but it just lurches forward and then stops again. The superchager that is in it now is off a 2007 with the green wheel with 9.8 lbs of boost, and steel washers installed by jerry. Any info would be helpful
    Thanks Nicholas

+1
    I would check the big black rubber pump seal that goes around the pump and into the pump shoe to see if you didnt pinch it or have it come off some..also make sure the C-clip is still on the drive shaft along with making sure the pump assembly is tight..Also check to see if the nose cone on the prop didnt come lose and walk up the shaft... this is not a Scer issue but a pump problem...

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    I would check the big black rubber pump seal that goes around the pump and into the pump shoe to see if you didnt pinch it or have it come off some..also make sure the C-clip is still on the drive shaft along with making sure the pump assembly is tight..Also check to see if the nose cone on the prop didnt come lose and walk up the shaft... this is not a Scer issue but a pump problem...
    +1 Snowman

+1
    +2 guys, not a SC issue. Go back and check the pump, pump shaft, and seal assembly. Something was assembled incorrectly!

Thanks guys finally got it apart.
    It was the impeller. The short driveshaft and impeller are completely stripped. Any idea what would have caused this? Also I am going to need a new impeller. I had a 14/19R solas that I installed about 30hrs ago. Should I go with the same one or with a 15/20R? Also when i looked at the pump it has a paint stamp dated 2006. The jetski is a 2004 and I bought it used in 2007. Are the pumps the same? I have a hood mounted intake, riva grate, opas block off, 06 supercharger with green wheel, and free mods.
    Your help would be great
    thanks

Thread Information