+1

Advent T3 ignition for 97-99 GP1200, has anyone used one ?

I have a RIVA version C CDI that has stopped sparking. I have read about Advent T3 CDI 's and they made the RIVA unit's originaly . The T3 is an upgraded unit that has more features and is programable for your own curves. Has anyone got one and have a review? Any idea how much they sell for ?
    I was able to pull the epoxied insert out of the plastic case and found the original black epoxy did not fully encase all the circuit board, it looks like there are some dry solder joints where the epoxy did not cover. I wonder if this has caused it to stop working ? The T3 looks good and the T4 version better again anyone used one ?

+1
    Just spoke to Greg at Advent and he assures me that he is still working on the T3 ignition and to call back in 2-3 weeks. Greg tells me that this ignition will much better than the previous Riva units which sounds great to me. I want one !

+1
    An update on the Riva CDI, I have been using the stock CDI and finding it gives good power but I had to recheck the Riva CDI one more time. I cleaned up the earth terminal with some emery cloth and ran another earth lead from the battery directly to the metal case that houses the CDI.
    Well it fired up and ran no problems but, it goes no better on Mod 2 setting than the stock CDI !
    This confirms what Greg from Advent said about the dubious nature of the Riva CDI , Mod 2 does not give 30 degrees advance at 5000rpm as claimed and is marginal the difference to a stocker. I ran some GPS runs in the same water conditions to check and the engine revs were the same on the tiny tach as were the speeds , 61.8 mph at 7050rpms .
    I do have very agresssive sponsons and a Worxs grate and slightly longer trim tabs to give good rough water hookup, with a 13/19 Concord impeller.
    I think the stocker is probably better for my setup at this stage.

Thread Information