Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

If You can't Buy One, Build One! GPSHO fzr

Well ive been posting a few times on here about skis that i was looking at buying or came close to picking up. Well i picked up a donor ski for my 2000 gp1200r hull hanging in my garage, its a 2009 fzr sho with 105.9 hours. I got it for 1900$. the previous owner Scott in buffalo was an awesome guy, just had bad luck, when to a friend's on it and tied it up quick, a storm came up quick after a few cold ones and when he went back to the dock the ski was gone! he thought it was stole, he walked the beach and saw it with the ass end sunk jammed under steel dock. So he got covered under insurance and now i have the ski lol and here is the kicker the ski runs and had no internal bad water damage, just a tiny bit of water in crankcase. so i flushed and changed the oil a few times and the electronics are perfect, no condensation or problems. here are some pic of the ski below. I will be building this gpsho over the winter and will try to document the build. it will be a slow build due to the fact that i work 3000miles from my home and only return for 9 days a month. but i will do my best, but i will also be devoting time to getting my rxp up to 80mph so bare with me. i thank you guys in advance for all the help so far and the help on its ways. cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1190.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	258211   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1187.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	258212   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1194.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	258213   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1178.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	114.6 KB 
ID:	258214   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1180.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	258215   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1193.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	258216  

+1
    SWEET deal.

+1
    Killer deal!

4. +1 by:

+1
    Great deal and find.

+1
    This is going to be pretty much a stock build except for a few things like ribbon delete abd such. I will try and document everything from engine removals and all because this is going to be a amature build. I will try and make it a how-to for newbies wanting to do the same. I have almost every gpsho build and none show engine removals and such and most are modifed a lot so I'm just looking to do a stock setup swap.

I can't wait to see your progress......

+1
    Do yourself a favor and for simplicity of the motor removal, remove the intake as well as exhaust manifolds. It makes things MUCH easier. Drain the oil and remove the oil filter as well. It's not bad at all once thats done. Keep us posted and feel free to ask here or pm me any questions you may have that I may be able to help you with.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenlepack View Post
    This is going to be pretty much a stock build except for a few things like ribbon delete abd such. I will try and document everything from engine removals and all because this is going to be a amature build. I will try and make it a how-to for newbies wanting to do the same. I have almost every gpsho build and none show engine removals and such and most are modifed a lot so I'm just looking to do a stock setup swap.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ksalles View Post
    Do yourself a favor and for simplicity of the motor removal, remove the intake as well as exhaust manifolds. It makes things MUCH easier. Drain the oil and remove the oil filter as well. It's not bad at all once thats done. Keep us posted and feel free to ask here or pm me any questions you may have that I may be able to help you with.
    Hey thanks a lot man. And I can't wait to see urs run once u get your IC.

+1
    Alright a little update. I wont be doing a full how to on engine removal and electronics because i somehow wiped all the pictures i took when removing everything. sorry guys. but it is a fairly straight forward task. Like ksalles said removing the exhaust manifold and oil filter makes it much much easier. So i now have the engine and electronics removed and ready for transplant. After speaking to a few members i have decided to not even bother with some of the stock equipment and do a few upgrades. I will be adding a larger wheel, aftermarket IC, reflash, and a few smaller things. The reason for this is after spending a day with Phillip_gpr and looking over his skis, the room once the sho engine is installed is verry limited in the gpr hull making adding certain items much more difficult than when the exhaust is out. So right now i am still planning, ordering parts, and looking at different placements and routings of certain parts. I am currently adding and truing the hull and prepping it for all reinforcements. I am also looking at modifying the exhaust system with an angled spacer. (will have more on that later) Now that the FZR hull is gone i have more room in the garage to do some work.

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1300.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	260100Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1314.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	260099Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010456.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	260094Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010451.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	260095Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1301.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	260098Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010438.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	260097Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1278.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	260096

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information