Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NewBie Questions Plus 1rs Ride Experience

Here are some Newbie Questions:

1) Dos the Spark Plugs ruber plugs come right up with or do I need to turn them before pulling them, Tryed to pull one up but was tight, Was not sure if I Just neeeded to rock it side by side like a regular Car.

2) What Type of Spark Plugs for 2005 RXP Supercharger, Heard the Denso Iridium IXU27 are the Way to go, Other Suggestions.?

3)Base on another thread the right level of Oil is in between the Two Marks right in the middle of both. Where should I level the JetSki to get the best reading, at the side of the Ski with a Level or on top of the Jet Propulsion by the back of the seat.

4) What King of Oil to used, I heard, Use Sea Doo 10W40 or AMSOIL 4 Stroke Synthetic (Motorcycle)

5) Is there a Prefere Website to Buy the OIL Filter, Orings and OIL for a good Price?

6) Any Caution Cleaning the Engine compartment, Basically I though about this after cleaning it, but I was not able to see the Intake although I knew It was place near the front, So I didn't Sray much water in tat area. Afterwards put 656 all over. Took the Cover up and proceed with a towel, after a few minutes crank the engine with no prob. I Also Clean the front where the Computer is, Any caution I need to follow or as long as 656 goes after drying I will be ok

My First Experience:
    Took the RXP for a Test Drive today and I was blown away by the power. I used to have a Jet Boat (5 Passenger) but the Acuatic Motorcycle is a different Breed. The Ski was having a Spark Plug problem that fade it out after a couple of runs with the low key. I was able to do 60 easily on the RXP and I'm shure the Spark issue was slowing me down. My Friend told me he got up to 68 in bumpy watters so I know she is running good and will run better once I get new Plugs.

Now I do need to learn how to use the Trim and the settings on my RXP, anyone with a pdf Manual?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Isla cabras.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	258248Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trailer.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	258249

Regards,
    Last edited by azsuptt; 11-08-2011 at 04:03 PM.

you can get the pdf manual here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?t4xocc4myts

or if you have a problem downloading it, i can email it, but its 50meg.. a big file. I'm not familiar with the rest of your ??? so i'll let someone more familiar with your ski to chime in...

Good luck.

+1
    Yes they come right out, just pull on them. Personally i do a twisting pulling mix lol. As for spark plugs i use NGK it's what they come with and iv'e never had a problem, allot easier to find also. As far as oil, you want an oil that is wet clutch certified. I use 4-stroke motorcycle oil from a local napa works great and is way cheaper then sea doo oil. As for the filter, i just pay the 17 bucks at the dealer. If you need them shipped you can find them in the online store here.

Hey whats your screen name mean??? The "suptt" part? Because I see stuff like that on supraforums - short for "supra twin turbo".

Quote Originally Posted by oct6454 View Post
    Yes they come right out, just pull on them. Personally i do a twisting pulling mix lol. As for spark plugs i use NGK it's what they come with and iv'e never had a problem, allot easier to find also. As far as oil, you want an oil that is wet clutch certified. I use 4-stroke motorcycle oil from a local napa works great and is way cheaper then sea doo oil. As for the filter, i just pay the 17 bucks at the dealer. If you need them shipped you can find them in the online store here.

You get cheaper oil from NAPA, but pay $17 at the dealer for an OEM filter??
    I pay about $12 for a k&n and just pat the extra couple of bucks for the dead-on accurate oil at the dealer (so as not to lose sleep over guessing at any other oil).

Also, just get the factory issued spark plugs. They're cheap enough and easy enough to find locally, and most of all you dont have to worry about accicdentally installing the wrong heat-range plug by choosing some random, high-dollar plug that wont make you anymore power in that bone stock motor

Yes, twist and pull on the plug boots to get them out. Then put a wrench on the plugs to remove them. To reinstall, push the spark plug boots onto the new plugs and screw them in a little, then back to the wrench to fully tighten them. Also, put a few dabs of motor oil along the bottom side and shaft of the boots so that they screw in and seat nicely. This will help keep you from tearing them up by screwing and shoving them back in dry.

i'm loving that Avatar blk !

Haha thanks, yea that's me riding backwards full speed using a waterproof camera

Funny, Yes I Also Own a MKIV TT, The Sig goes for ( From A to Z Supra Twin Turbo), Funny I never had to explain it in the forum.

Thanks for the great Sugestions, I'm having a hard time finding a dealer near me I guess I need to take a longer trip. Downloading the manual.

Any Sugestions about the Settings on the RXP Display and Trim?

Just Added a new Question #6 about cleaning the engine and the Front Compartment.

+1
    I hose the whole inside of my ski out, i figure it gets sea water in - fresh tap water has got to be better.

The intake will be up on the fuel tank, it would be pretty hard to get much water into it (assuming its stock)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information