Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 25hr Oil Change

Cool 25hr Oil Change

Service manual states first oil change at ( For 300x) 25hr and Oil filter at 100hrs. Is this too long as most guys are changing oil + Filter at 10hrs.

+1
    do what you are happiest with if the manual states that do as it says you then cant go wrong with kawasaki when and if something should go wrong. there will be many varied responses on this but each to there own there are many of these skis sold to the average joe and thats what the manual caters for.

I guess you cant go wrong sticking to the manual eh?

+1
    yes and no it is your bible should something go wrong, keep proof as the manual states of all your servicing it also cant hurt to reduce the frequency stated in the manual thats your choice

hey nicjak which oil are you using for your 300x?

+1
    valvoline durablend 10w 40

I am changing oil at 10 hour intervals (not the filter at every change) on a 260x. And with regards to the 300, I don't think the oil change requirements are any different than the 260. If you are just "idling" around than maybe you can stretch it to 15 hours. I know what the manual says but those intervals are too long for me.

If your talking about a normally aspirated Ultra, then I would agree with what the manual says. Just get a good oil sucker apparatus. It is not that hard to do and takes little time. Don't spill any oil on the SC Belt when refilling!!!!

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    I am changing oil at 10 hour intervals (not the filter at every change) on a 260x. And with regards to the 300, I don't think the oil change requirements are any different than the 260. If you are just "idling" around than maybe you can stretch it to 15 hours. I know what the manual says but those intervals are too long for me.

If your talking about a normally aspirated Ultra, then I would agree with what the manual says. Just get a good oil sucker apparatus. It is not that hard to do and takes little time. Don't spill any oil on the SC Belt when refilling!!!!
    300 does not have the fuel dilution anywhere. Near what a 250-260 had. I usually go about 20 hrs and oil still looks good and has. No fuel smells. I do every 40 hrs for my filter. After any race however I will change my oil right away. As well as before. But as Corey stated each owner. Needs to do what they feel is best for them. You def can get in trouble having a better schedule then the manual

+1
    If it were mine I would change it out at 10 hours. Remember that it is in the break in period and you have a lot of metal wear that will be going round and round in your engine causing more wear if you leave the initial oil in the engine. Also look onto a filter-mag. Not sure if there is room for it. It goes on your oil filter. They work great.

I initially changed my factory fill oil at ~5 hrs. and then Switched over to Mobil 1. I just winterized the ski with 36 on it, so I went 30+ hrs. on the Mobil 1. After 30 + hrs on the oil, the level never budged up or down and there was only a slight fuel smell. After all is said and done, I don't think I would go 30 hrs again, probably 25 max.

Unless you have fuel dilution problems, IMO 10 hr. oil changes are a complete waste, but to each their own. YMMV

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information