6 19.35%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

GPRXP Top Speed Poll - MB3-2007

Same deal:

+1
    94-95 my guess

+1
    I dont think the speeds are low enough in the poll... new boats need time to work out handling, pump/props, ect...

I say maybe 90, but probably not on a Hybrid... by MB III or even this year anyways.

Be safe and careful guys, I know you guys are all Pros and I am sure the potential is there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    I dont think the speeds are low enough in the poll... new boats need time to work out handling, pump/props, ect...

I say maybe 90, but probably not on a Hybrid... by MB III or even this year anyways.

Be safe and careful guys, I know you guys are all Pros and I am sure the potential is there.

better duck Rich, here comes a molatof cocktail through your window. I have some spare chicken wire left over from covering up my windows and Kerry's too if you need any down there.

I thought the same thing, just wanted someone else to take the first step in saying it. LOL

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ABBOTT View Post
    better duck Rich, here comes a molatof cocktail through your window. I have some spare chicken wire left over from covering up my windows and Kerry's too if you need any down there.

I thought the same thing, just wanted someone else to take the first step in saying it. LOL

+1
    Let's just analize it for a minute.

Bone stock RXP (195 real HP) engine in a GPR hull = 82.5 mph
    Modified RXP engine with EMS and B kit (320 HP) in a GPR hull = mph

+1
    I have no doubt it will go that fast.

From my personal experience, it takes time to dial in any set-up. For example, my set up (hull, shoe, plate, grate, sponsons, prop, pump, ect) has been different and had to change to compensate when I was at 76, 78, 80, and now over 81mph. Each time I found more power, I had to slightly change the handling set-up.

Thats all I am saying. Its real hard some times to fine tune the GPRs because you have so many things to adjust, which in the long run is a good thing.

One thing 4-sure, the GPRXPs are going to be hard to beat when the are finally dialed in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    I have no doubt it will go that fast.

From my personal experience, it takes time to dial in any set-up. For example, my set up (hull, shoe, plate, grate, sponsons, prop, pump, ect) has been different and had to change to compensate when I was at 76, 78, 80, and now over 81mph. Each time I found more power, I had to slightly change the handling set-up.

Thats all I am saying. Its real hard some times to fine tune the GPRs because you have so many things to adjust, which in the long run is a good thing.

One thing 4-sure, the GPRXPs are going to be hard to beat when the are finally dialed in.
    Abbott, thats awesome..... DUCK!, at least I thought it was funny Your comments are always ones to save, but it seems like there is a diff Abbott now adays? Dont be mad be glad I still love ya no matter what John.

Rich couldnt be more correct when it comes to the more speed=new handling comment, that is the same thing I have found over the last year.

I thought about building one of those GPRXP's but where is the fun in that, I would have to learn the GPR hull which would give me 5 months to do so and I could easily show up at MB and pull off a really good speed, maybe even find the GPR's peak speed but like I said "where is the fun in that"

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ABBOTT View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JD 1 View Post
    Abbott, thats awesome..... DUCK!, at least I thought it was funny Your comments are always ones to save, but it seems like there is a diff Abbott now adays? Dont be mad be glad I still love ya no matter what John.
    Would that be KPG chicken wire ???

+1
    My Opinion,
    Remember one thing about that 82 mph speed on the vigilante. Hydro achieved that number with a dump nozzle and no trim. When he gets the qsts installed your gonna see 83.5 to 84 mph out of the stock 4 tech. I am planning on bringing my stage 2 gprxp running a rotax racing high boost sc wheel and a custom 4" air intake. This set up should bring me to 93 to 95 mph. Now a 350 horse power monster that Jerry speaks of will be out the door at 100 plus MAYBE its all fictional until we hit the water with the spitfire in a month or so. The one huge advantage I have is Hydrotoys himself. He knows how to set up a gpr and he knows how to tweak. The man is a sponge when it comes to soaking information on the gpr platform.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information