View Poll Results: Top Speed For the GPRXP Conversion Units

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • 90.x

    7 22.58%
  • 91.x

    1 3.23%
  • 92.x

    3 9.68%
  • 93.x

    2 6.45%
  • 94.x

    2 6.45%
  • 95.x

    1 3.23%
  • 96.x

    2 6.45%
  • 97.x

    6 19.35%
  • 98.x

    1 3.23%
  • 99 AND HIGHER!!!!

    6 19.35%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    ABBOTT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Birmingham, AL / Lay Lake
    Posts
    3,736
    +1
    96

    GPRXP Top Speed Poll - MB3-2007

    Same deal:


  2. #2
    One day at a time..... N8R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    TAMPA
    Posts
    3,716
    +1
    41
    94-95 my guess

  3. #3
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,801
    +1
    450
    I dont think the speeds are low enough in the poll... new boats need time to work out handling, pump/props, ect...

    I say maybe 90, but probably not on a Hybrid... by MB III or even this year anyways.

    Be safe and careful guys, I know you guys are all Pros and I am sure the potential is there.

  4. #4
    ABBOTT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Birmingham, AL / Lay Lake
    Posts
    3,736
    +1
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    I dont think the speeds are low enough in the poll... new boats need time to work out handling, pump/props, ect...

    I say maybe 90, but probably not on a Hybrid... by MB III or even this year anyways.

    Be safe and careful guys, I know you guys are all Pros and I am sure the potential is there.

    better duck Rich, here comes a molatof cocktail through your window. I have some spare chicken wire left over from covering up my windows and Kerry's too if you need any down there.

    I thought the same thing, just wanted someone else to take the first step in saying it. LOL

  5. #5
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,801
    +1
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by ABBOTT View Post
    better duck Rich, here comes a molatof cocktail through your window. I have some spare chicken wire left over from covering up my windows and Kerry's too if you need any down there.

    I thought the same thing, just wanted someone else to take the first step in saying it. LOL

  6. #6
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Let's just analize it for a minute.

    Bone stock RXP (195 real HP) engine in a GPR hull = 82.5 mph
    Modified RXP engine with EMS and B kit (320 HP) in a GPR hull = mph

  7. #7
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,801
    +1
    450
    I have no doubt it will go that fast.

    From my personal experience, it takes time to dial in any set-up. For example, my set up (hull, shoe, plate, grate, sponsons, prop, pump, ect) has been different and had to change to compensate when I was at 76, 78, 80, and now over 81mph. Each time I found more power, I had to slightly change the handling set-up.

    Thats all I am saying. Its real hard some times to fine tune the GPRs because you have so many things to adjust, which in the long run is a good thing.

    One thing 4-sure, the GPRXPs are going to be hard to beat when the are finally dialed in.

  8. #8
    JD 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    4,186
    +1
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    I have no doubt it will go that fast.

    From my personal experience, it takes time to dial in any set-up. For example, my set up (hull, shoe, plate, grate, sponsons, prop, pump, ect) has been different and had to change to compensate when I was at 76, 78, 80, and now over 81mph. Each time I found more power, I had to slightly change the handling set-up.

    Thats all I am saying. Its real hard some times to fine tune the GPRs because you have so many things to adjust, which in the long run is a good thing.

    One thing 4-sure, the GPRXPs are going to be hard to beat when the are finally dialed in.
    Abbott, thats awesome..... DUCK!, at least I thought it was funny Your comments are always ones to save, but it seems like there is a diff Abbott now adays? Dont be mad be glad I still love ya no matter what John.

    Rich couldnt be more correct when it comes to the more speed=new handling comment, that is the same thing I have found over the last year.

    I thought about building one of those GPRXP's but where is the fun in that, I would have to learn the GPR hull which would give me 5 months to do so and I could easily show up at MB and pull off a really good speed, maybe even find the GPR's peak speed but like I said "where is the fun in that"

  9. #9
    Happily Self-Employed WFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    12,801
    +1
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by ABBOTT View Post
    better duck Rich, here comes a molatof cocktail through your window. I have some spare chicken wire left over from covering up my windows and Kerry's too if you need any down there.

    I thought the same thing, just wanted someone else to take the first step in saying it. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by JD 1 View Post
    Abbott, thats awesome..... DUCK!, at least I thought it was funny Your comments are always ones to save, but it seems like there is a diff Abbott now adays? Dont be mad be glad I still love ya no matter what John.
    Would that be KPG chicken wire ???

  10. #10
    Moderator Insanediego Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    5,885
    +1
    142
    My Opinion,
    Remember one thing about that 82 mph speed on the vigilante. Hydro achieved that number with a dump nozzle and no trim. When he gets the qsts installed your gonna see 83.5 to 84 mph out of the stock 4 tech. I am planning on bringing my stage 2 gprxp running a rotax racing high boost sc wheel and a custom 4" air intake. This set up should bring me to 93 to 95 mph. Now a 350 horse power monster that Jerry speaks of will be out the door at 100 plus MAYBE its all fictional until we hit the water with the spitfire in a month or so. The one huge advantage I have is Hydrotoys himself. He knows how to set up a gpr and he knows how to tweak. The man is a sponge when it comes to soaking information on the gpr platform.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Gen 3 riva on a gprxp top speed gain
    By gprxpduglas in forum Conversion PWC Performance Skis
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-20-2014, 04:40 PM
  2. 2007 rxt not getting top speed please help
    By jamesrini79 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 08:48 PM
  3. Top Speed 4-Stroke Poll - MB3-2007
    By ABBOTT in forum Mudbug Nationals PWC.Life Rally
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 10:01 PM
  4. Top Speed Single Pipe Poll - MB3-2007
    By ABBOTT in forum Mudbug Nationals PWC.Life Rally
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-02-2007, 11:17 AM
  5. Top Speed Poll For MB-2007
    By ABBOTT in forum Mudbug Nationals PWC.Life Rally
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-04-2007, 09:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •