Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    04 RXP Trim Guage Help!

    Just bought this 04 Rxp. The trim did not work. I took the motor off to find water in it. Bought a new motor and a trim fix kit...new module and sensor.

    Does the motor have to be started to see the dash guage for the trim? My Supercharger is being rebuilt so i cant start it. Nothing shows up on the dash ..Why would it not show on the dash or does not have to be fired up?

    Thanks in Advance...


  2. #2
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Dash should work with dess on post without starting.
    Should be able to move trim and see it on dash.

  3. #3
    83.0 @ 8400 jhill19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Teays Valley, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,800
    +1
    81
    check the fuse

  4. #4
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    You should have a trim indicator on the dash with just the key on. Sounds like your ecu dropped the trim option (common on 04-05 ecu's).... you'll need to have a dealer use BUDS to turn the option back on.

  5. #5
    Thanks!

    Dess on post and nothing...The trim does not work so it looks like the ecu is it...Fuses are good...

    I hate the thought of going to the dealer...

    Thanks again..

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tierra Verde, Florida, United States
    Posts
    911
    +1
    17
    same thing happen to me. Took it to the dealer to turn the trim on...5min later and $70 fix. Took me longer to convince them that there was nothing wrong but ECU dropped the function. They said they have never heard of it.

  7. #7
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by darwin11 View Post
    Thanks!

    Dess on post and nothing...The trim does not work so it looks like the ecu is it...Fuses are good...

    I hate the thought of going to the dealer...

    Thanks again..
    Does everything else work with key on?

    Just so we are all on same page.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    so cal
    Posts
    265
    Not that it matters but on 04/05 the vts feature is programmed in the mpem and not ecu but go through your mode switch and see if depth was added. It will also say something like check sensor when the key is plugged in. For some reason when the vts gets dropped, alot of times it'll add the depth. If it did, have it removed when they hook it up to buds .

  9. #9
    The Motor does not work either. There is power going to the module. 12.32volts. But when i hit the up down button there is no power to the motor. Kinda weird....
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Does everything else work with key on?

    Just so we are all on same page.

  10. #10
    I do see a "FT" When i push through the mode.

    I thought i saw depth but not now...I will check again tomorrow ...

    I will have them check that also...Thanks!



    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo1120 View Post
    Not that it matters but on 04/05 the vts feature is programmed in the mpem and not ecu but go through your mode switch and see if depth was added. It will also say something like check sensor when the key is plugged in. For some reason when the vts gets dropped, alot of times it'll add the depth. If it did, have it removed when they hook it up to buds .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-31-2011, 02:20 PM
  2. 04 RXP Variable Trim Setting Problems...HELP!
    By darwin11 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-25-2011, 07:39 PM
  3. 04 RXP issues. Need helpful info.
    By 04RXP22 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 06:14 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-25-2006, 06:43 PM
  5. 04 rxp 'sensor' /high idle/trim gauge
    By cdooRXPxtrm in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2006, 09:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •