Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Should I buy a 300X?

I'm a past 2007 250 owner and I was less than satisfied with the GIO and plug problems I encountered. I ended up selling it and bought an SHO. I'm now looking to add a 2nd ski and would really like a faster ski. Couple questions...

1. What kind of speed is the 300 getting stock?

2. most important, any problems with the 300 I should know about?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.....

+1
    These answers are all over but if it means bringing you back to Kawi.......
    1. Factory Limited 67-68
    Limiter Bypass 70-73
    2. On recreational skis nothing to mention. There are some getting close to 100 hours now and no issues. Very few race skis have
    even had problems. They definately seem to have done this one correct.

Look around at all the reviews from honest people on here. Find someone that has one and get on for one minute. Is nothing close to what you have ridden in the past. That one minute is all you need.

have had 250 and 260 kawasaki and seadoo now have 2 300 lx love them no problems great ride

Put 105 trouble free hours on my 07 250, traded it in on the 300 and never looked back. Although the 250 handled better in the rough, the 300 beats it everywhere else and is a totally different machine. Managed 72.5 on a stock 300 best my 250 ever did was 68.5

Yeah best I did on my 250 was about 67 on GPS. I was hoping for 70+ without mods. There's a dealer here offering a pretty good deal on one. I just wish it was green.

Glad to hear you are all happy with the 300

+1
    You get over 70 with the only mod being the Riva SCOM or R&D speed up Module. This is what I have recommended to my friends. This is all you need for a great all around ski.

+1
    The 300x is the 13th ski I have owned in the 20 years that the wife and I have been into the sport.
    Ours has 50 hrs. now and I've had a few problems with it... the latest of which is a broken supercharger housing.

The troubles I've had are pretty well documented in the various Kawi sections, if you want to search my posts.
    I have to be honest and say that the 300 has been one of the most troublesome skis I have owned up to now.

Sorry... I know that is probably not what you want to hear

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post

I would recommend the 300x to anybody that is prepared to CORRECTLY maintain and read the F..King manual

Waz
    Well... I didn't see anyplace in the manual where it said to pull the prop out of your brand new ski and add loctite or suffer possible engine failure- yet that is what you recommend... no?

So it seems we have to go a bit further than just the manual... such is the case with emptying the IC of oil or modifying the PCV system.

I have declined to recommend the 300 (to certain potential buyers) on the basis of exhaust filter maintenance alone. Some feel that splitting your exhaust pipe to examine a honeycomb every 25 hrs. is a bit extreme... sadly I can hardly disagree with people in that camp.

As I stated; 20 years and 13 skis- I have sold skis that were in perfect running order with well over 200 hrs. on the clock. My maintenance practices have always been adequate... some would say bordering meticulous. None of the problems I've experienced with this ski are maintenance (or lack thereof) related... actually some were present on the day of delivery (loose steering assembly, improperly secured prop, poor PCV system design)....

Now I have a broken SC housing... don't see how that can be attributed to lack of maintenance. Not to mention coating chipping off of SC rotors that were religiously fogged after every ride and sometimes twice on Sundays !

Everyone has an opinion, I guess. My 50 hr. review of our 300X is much less than stellar.

+1
    yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    Everyone has an opinion, I guess. My 50 hr. review of our 300X is much less than stellar.
    It does sound like you have a Firday afternoon ski. That is too bad.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information