+1

my ultra is fixed!! mad props to greenhulk, rusty palmer kawasaki, and kawasaki!!

as many of you know i had tons of problems with my ultra 260. i followed the advice of you guys on this forum, and brought it to rusty palmer. best dealer i have ever dealt with. the store is amazing, they brought it right in, and check out the work that was done. i am a happy camper. i am keeping this ski for a long time now, and i am sticking with kawi. i am so glad this forum came thru and this worked out as well as it did!! greenhulk FTW. here is what was done to the ski. i take back everything i said bashing kawi, i thought i was just gonna get totally screwed over. tomorrow checking plugs for antisieze, and NOW i know my post ride flushing procedure. and when i do decide i want another ski u can bet ur @ss it will be another top of the line kawi!! mods u wanna link my old post to this one? or just delete it? or do something i want people to know they made it right!

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Glad to hear you were taken care of, its really sad that it took so long to make right by you. I am really happy all is well again.

Sean

+1
    Glad your back on the water
    you should put in that exhaust filter.

+1
    yea that hard starting after the super long no wake zones has caught me like 5 times. if after the really long idle, you rev the ski up a lil then kill it, will this blow out all that water and prevent it from happening? i do have all winter to see if someone comes out with a filter that doesnt need cleaning as often, next step is to re hook up the audio system. i def do not want to have anything like this happen again, so if you say slap the filter in, i will. let me know what i should do. waz u kept on my ass about this ski and im glad u did, i am WAY happier with this ski now that it runs again then even a new yami or w.e. thanks for the help bro.

I'm glad Rusty's worked out for you, its a long ride for us to go there, but they are great to deal with and take care of their customers.

+1
    Great to hear.

I have had some of the best experiences with Kawasaki also on service work. When you have a dealership that handles themselves professionally and actually works with Kawasaki for you the customer it is a great feeling. I am in the same boat as you. My dealership and Kawasaki have me as a customer for life.

Yes Official Style you sound like a much happier camper now . . . that's good! Sounds like you are going to keep it. Correct me if I am wrong but I think your 260 was a 2009 model? Did you ever do the Pump Bearing upgrade to either 2010 260 Spec or 2011 300 Spec? 2010 Spec is a double bearing upgrade. 2011 is double bearing w/ new shaft. I think the 2010 Spec is "good enough" but 2011 Spec probably the best.

2009 model only had a single bearing, and if that single bearing goes, the net result is the engine is destroyed. JB

I was reading the repair order and noticed you've got a new s/c installed.
    How did salt water got inside the supercharger and locked it up?
    That's good that warranty covered it, usually not.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreenman View Post
    I was reading the repair order and noticed you've got a new s/c installed.
    How did salt water got inside the supercharger and locked it up?
    That's good that warranty covered it, usually not.
    no salt water would have got in there.
    would just be salty air.

Thread Information