Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Seadoo rxtx rebuilt engine rpm problem

I'm having problems with my rebuilt engine, I upgraded my pistons to rivA 9.5.1 oversize .10 and changed to fizzle intercooler. Lost 440 rpm compare to the previous setup rivA stg3. I already checked all clamps etc for leaks, pistons showing 150-150-150,charger slip checked, afr inline, my current speed [email protected] Any ideas?

+1
    what was previous speed? what charger? what boost? did you use the supplied bolts and washers to plug the threaded holes in the side of the intercooler? did your stock intercooler block-off plug shoot out the brass plugs? it seems like if you pitched the prop for 8600 you would be at around 80 mph, which is average for a stage 3 setup.

+1
    Check for boost leaks, make sure charger is not slipping. Double check the cooling hoses to the IC for propper routing, low or no water flow equals low or no effecient IC. What else was changed during rebuild.

What ic did you have?

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    what was previous speed? what charger? what boost? did you use the supplied bolts and washers to plug the threaded holes in the side of the intercooler? did your stock intercooler block-off plug shoot out the brass plugs? it seems like if you pitched the prop for 8600 you would be at around 80 mph, which is average for a stage 3 setup.

08 RXT-X /riva train valve set/ported head & block/riva 9.5.1 pistons/riva ECU/riva 50Ib injector/riva pro-x impeller/riva RRFPR/Fizzle intercooler with bleed mod/riva pro blow-off/riva catch can/riva water box/riva rear exhaust/ riva manifold kit/riva ride plate/R&D intake grate/riva reduction nozzle 83mm/riva 15/22r/riva open loop sys/custom 4" air filter & vents/riva ss wear ring/Mtx-L AFR/apexi boost meter/mc spring washer/riva cluth washer/riva sponsons/riva pro-series o.p.a.s/ R&D anti cavitation cone/speedfreak nose/speedfreak head band mod/riva extension rod/custom gauage pod/rule pump/ GPS 78.6 mph @ 8450
    RPM- Garmin c76

This was the previous set up excluding; rivA 9.5.1 oversize pistons, fizzle intercooler, rivA grate, stock cone, solas nose, head band.

I used all the supplied brass fitting, I installed the fizzle as per the updated instruction.

+1
    400 is alot of rpm to be down. im guessing its going to be something very obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    Check for boost leaks, make sure charger is not slipping. Double check the cooling hoses to the IC for propper routing, low or no water flow equals low or no effecient IC. What else was changed during rebuild.
    I checked all for leaks with no luck, charger slip 15lb, rivA open loop as per rivA instruction with water filter into ic front fitting.

08 RXT-X /riva train valve set/ported head & block/riva 9.5.1 pistons/riva ECU/riva 50Ib injector/riva pro-x impeller/riva RRFPR/Fizzle intercooler with bleed mod/riva pro blow-off/riva catch can/riva water box/riva rear exhaust/ riva manifold kit/riva ride plate/R&D intake grate/riva reduction nozzle 83mm/riva 15/22r/riva open loop sys/custom 4" air filter & vents/riva ss wear ring/Mtx-L AFR/apexi boost meter/mc spring washer/riva cluth washer/riva sponsons/riva pro-series o.p.a.s/ R&D anti cavitation cone/speedfreak nose/speedfreak head band mod/riva extension rod/custom gauage pod/rule pump/ GPS 78.6 mph @ 8450
    RPM- Garmin c76

This was the previous set up excluding; rivA 9.5.1/ 0.10 oversize pistons, fizzle intercooler, rivA grate, stock cone, solas nose, head band.

+1
    If you think everything is setup and functioning correctly then just depitch some and see what happens. You didn't really add any power it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtuned View Post
    What ic did you have?
    I had stock ic in the previous setup, I blow 3 stock ic's over 70 racing hours, the 3 rd one blow from the inside & costed me my engine so i decided to go with the fizzle/ water bleed option ic for that extra boost.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    If you think everything is setup and functioning correctly then just depitch some and see what happens. You didn't really add any power it looks.
    He really should not have to as he did not reduce power either. Atleast not 400+ rpm worth.
    Hate for him to put a bandaid over a sore.

Ali welcome to the forum.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information