Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: P0546

  1. #1
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28

    P0546

    My exhaust temp sensor has been broken for a long time. I've rode without it for quite some time. I went for my first ride out with my Riva Ecu and it threw this code, which I found to be the code for the broken temp sensor. Why would my stock ecu not throw the code, but the Riva did? What is the issue with riding without this sensor? As I said, it hasnt been working for a long time, I just forgot about it because there was never an alarm up.

    I will buy a sensor and replace it obviously, but is it okay to ride for the weekend?

    Also, I think i remember BD or Sno giving the P/N and them only costing about $17, anyone got this part number?

    Cheers guys.


  2. #2
    Got Boost? psycho rxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Posts
    5,445
    +1
    182
    U may be running leaner with riva's higher RPMS, maybe its searching for that input, to compensate with more fuel. Maybe it started working again??

  3. #3
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,930
    +1
    1,407
    Bosch 0 280 130 093

  4. #4
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Thanks BD!! I'm going to ride it tomorrow, as it can't be that big a deal if I've rode for long without it. Perhaps this is why my afr's always seemed a tad rich :/

  5. #5
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Does 11.0:1 at idle with the riva ecu and 48# sound right to you guys?

    Could it be rich because of this exhaust temp sensor?

  6. #6
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Does 11.0:1 at idle with the riva ecu and 48# sound right to you guys?

    Could it be rich because of this exhaust temp sensor?
    I hate to say it because I have one I maybe selling. The RIVA ecu is a PITA. Rich at idle and lean on top. Looks like you need a RUDE controller or BEGI or PCV which is not in production yet.

  7. #7
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,930
    +1
    1,407
    I dont think the ECU uses the exhaust temp for tuning adjustment.

  8. #8
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    I hate to say it because I have one I maybe selling. The RIVA ecu is a PITA. Rich at idle and lean on top. Looks like you need a RUDE controller or BEGI or PCV which is not in production yet.
    So 11.0:1 sounds about normal for idle with the Riva ECU? Seems odd, as my stock ecu with the 48# would idle in the 13's. I would have thought seeing as though the stocker is mapped for 42#, that it would be richer than the Riva.

    Although it was choppy and I couldnt make full rpm, WOT AFR was very close to the mark. About 12.0:1 from what I could tell. Im yet to set up my RRFPR, but it arrived at my house the other day, so I will install it before too long.


    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    I dont think the ECU uses the exhaust temp for tuning adjustment.
    Ahhh I see. Can any one confirm this? I vaguely remember reading a post from Jerry from a long while back and he mentioned that it could cause your motor to run richer to try and cool down the exhaust gas temps.



    I went out earlier today for my maiden voyage. A few things to note :

    -It pulls MUCH harder than I expected, I didnt expect to gain this much from the ECU, but hey, im not complaining

    -I noticed after a few short WOT runs I had my oil light blink on momentarily and stutter. I checked my oil, and it was at about 1/3 the way between the bends. I topped it so it was just over half and then I didnt have a problem.

    The good news is no water is leaking into my hull, I was a bit worried after doing the exhaust and OPAS block offs. But "the right stuff" does the trick

    I think I just need to fix up the exhaust sensor, install the FPR, then I can finally stop wrenching for a while and have some fun

  9. #9
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post

    Ahhh I see. Can any one confirm this? I vaguely remember reading a post from Jerry from a long while back and he mentioned that it could cause your motor to run richer to try and cool down the exhaust gas temps.
    Thats why they used to take the sending unit out and tape/tie it off to the overflow bottle....

  10. #10
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    So 11.0:1 sounds about normal for idle with the Riva ECU? Seems odd, as my stock ecu with the 48# would idle in the 13's. I would have thought seeing as though the stocker is mapped for 42#, that it would be richer than the Riva.

    Although it was choppy and I couldnt make full rpm, WOT AFR was very close to the mark. About 12.0:1 from what I could tell. Im yet to set up my RRFPR, but it arrived at my house the other day, so I will install it before too long.




    Ahhh I see. Can any one confirm this? I vaguely remember reading a post from Jerry from a long while back and he mentioned that it could cause your motor to run richer to try and cool down the exhaust gas temps.



    I went out earlier today for my maiden voyage. A few things to note :

    -It pulls MUCH harder than I expected, I didnt expect to gain this much from the ECU, but hey, im not complaining

    -I noticed after a few short WOT runs I had my oil light blink on momentarily and stutter. I checked my oil, and it was at about 1/3 the way between the bends. I topped it so it was just over half and then I didnt have a problem.

    The good news is no water is leaking into my hull, I was a bit worried after doing the exhaust and OPAS block offs. But "the right stuff" does the trick

    I think I just need to fix up the exhaust sensor, install the FPR, then I can finally stop wrenching for a while and have some fun
    My Riva ECU with Bosch 48's idled at 11.4 @56lbs base pressure to give me 11.9 12.0 WOT. My New LC ECU with bosch 55lbs @42 lbs base idles at 11.8. Not much difference IMO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-31-2012, 01:45 PM
  2. Code P0546 question
    By joehillbilly1 in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-14-2008, 03:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •