Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Bov instal problem plz help:(

Hi guys I have an 05 rxp and I'm trying to fit a riva racing bov (surge protector kit) but the nipple I need to fit the vacuum line to has the fogging kit connected.. What do I do because my fogging kit is connected on all 3 cylinders is it vital to disconnect one of the lines of the fogging kit to make way for the bov vacuum line or is there away to run the bov vacuum line while the fogging kit is connected or will the fogging oil run through the bov I'm so confused can someone advise me on wat to do because I really want to run the bov but want to install it correctly so I dnt damage the engine or valves ... Any pics or videos plz link me cheers Matt

+1
    Dont run the BOV. It is not required.

There are 3 nipples on the intake runners of the inlet mani that you can drill out and use for vaccuum.

Yehbut all 3 niples on the manifold have are occupied by the fogging lines can I take one off or is it vital that all 3 need to be used for fogging??

How many nipples does the fogging kit need to work successfully? Or can I use 1 nipple for the bov and 2 for the fogging kit will that still fogg the engine properly? Or will fogging oil run thru the bov and if that was the case that the bov got fogging oil going thru it is that bad? Plz help guys

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rxp270hp View Post
    How many nipples does the fogging kit need to work successfully? Or can I use 1 nipple for the bov and 2 for the fogging kit will that still fogg the engine properly? Or will fogging oil run thru the bov and if that was the case that the bov got fogging oil going thru it is that bad? Plz help guys
    Yes you will need all three lines for fogging each cylinder or you'll have to pull plugs and injectors to do it on the cylinder that you drop the line from. Just put a Tee in the center line close to the manifold and Tee over to the BOV, you'll be OK this way!

Is there a diagram of some sort to help out or pics? Thanks dnielsen

+1
    You now have three nipples sticking out of the manifold, the three that your fogging system is plugged into now. Cut any one of the three close to the manifold (2-3" from the manifold), install a Tee to connect the two peices back together. This will leave you one extra barb on the Tee to place the hose on that goes over to the BOV.

And when I go to fogg it will any oil run through the bov? N will it damage it

+1
    You only fog the ski when your not riding for long periods. Disconnect the BOV boost line when you fog it. Problem solved

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    You now have three nipples sticking out of the manifold, the three that your fogging system is plugged into now. Cut any one of the three close to the manifold (2-3" from the manifold), install a Tee to connect the two peices back together. This will leave you one extra barb on the Tee to place the hose on that goes over to the BOV.
    nicely explained bro...you should be an instruction writer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information