Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question R&D Pro Series IC Kit 612-18004 or R&D Performance IC Power Core Kit 612-18001

does anyone have word or pdf instructions for either of these items in mentioned in the title,

I like the idea (on both models) of bolting directly into the OEM stock location and all stock hoses and hardware.

like to study up before jumping into this and was thinking of installing before the winter or maybe first thing in spring

+1
    I saw that intercooler on their site last night and it looks awesome. Very cool they made it bolt directly into the stock airbox location.

+1
    this intercooler looks like a piece of art. i would like to see some feedback on others who have seen this in a yamaha on the water.
    my first intercooler was the pro limited and it was not able to cool the air with a R2/C3 setup.

if it can out perform the jd ic i would be tempted to get one.

R&D Pro Series Racing Intercooler Kit

The “All New” R&D Yamaha SHO/FZ/FZR Pro Series Racing Intercooler Kit was developed starting with a clean sheet of paper and several key factors in mind. We wanted to build an intercooler system that offered the easiest of installation, easiest to maintain, looks like an indy car part, keeps the air cooler than it looks, and most importantly, be non restrictive to allow maximum CFM airflow for maximum horsepower.

The new R&D Pro Series Racing Intercooler Kit is constructed from aircraft aluminum and is extremely easy to install, removes quick for cleaning and winter storage, is ultra strong, and rubber mounted so vibration will not compromise the long term performance.

This new intercooler system has been tested against every manufacturer’s current intercooler designs, and has proven to out flow, out cool, and out perform them all. The R&D intercooler offers better cooling efficiency through its “made in the USA” aluminum core design that easily out performs cheaper inefficient intercooler cores known to crack, leak and cause extreme detonation. The R&D Pro Series intercooler core will flow more air, deliver better cooling efficiency, and allow C1-C24X Monster Wheels to live up to their airflow volume and power potential.

Tested to easily allow 30 PSI of boost @ 90-100 degree air temp, the new R&D Pro Series Racing Intercooler design drastically reduces deadhead air restriction producing ultra responsive “POWER NOW” acceleration all the way through the RPM range. All data and air temp was logged with a MoTeC M400 with i2 logging software. It should be noted that pressure data was taken in the plenum with the stock MAP sensor and backed up with a mechanical gauge.

The R&D Pro Series Racing Intercooler Kit also has an incorporated integral flange which will allow the bolt on addition of an R&D/Tail Q Series 50mm Blow-off valve (Pt. # 613-95263 sold seperatley) which superbly regulates compressor surge or blow-off under deceleration.

• Significantly improves cooling efficiency
    • Flows 90-100 CFM more than stock (allows 60 pounds of unrestricted air)
    • Bolts directly into stock air box location w/O.E.M. studs and rubber grommet hardware
    • Increases overall horsepower (core size/area allows up to 600 horsepower)
    • Aggressive holeshot and mid range acceleration
    • Works great with any R&D Monster compressor wheels
    • Retains O.E.M. flushing system for maintenance
    • I.J.S.B.A. and A.P.B.A. Limited Class and Pro Open Legal

Pt. # 612-18005
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	612-18005.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	258545   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	612-18005i.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	258546  

Hi guys, i just placed and order with Jerry, i'll be shrink wrapping next saturday, (it's starting too get cold i live in the northeast) First weekend in April 2012 she gets installed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by peterj59 View Post
    Hi guys, i just placed and order with Jerry, i'll be shrink wrapping next saturday, (it's starting too get cold i live in the northeast) First weekend in April 2012 she gets installed.
    Where are you from? I live in MA.

i live in east norwich, ny by oyster bay long island

+1
    The only downside to this setup is that you will now have to make long runs for the tubing between the SC to IC to Intake. The longer the flow of the air, the more it has to compress and expand. For example, this will cause a slight lag when you first get on it. Of course, it is a small lag, but a lag nonetheless. One of my friends who has an RXT-X has gone so far as to get a new bracket fabricated for his ski so that he can move the IC closer to the engine and shortened the tubing by about 1/2 (I think). He said it made a noticeable difference. On the good side, if the IC that you are currently running is not big enough to do it's job, this will probably be a worthwhile sacrifice!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfRider View Post
    The only downside to this setup is that you will now have to make long runs for the tubing between the SC to IC to Intake. The longer the flow of the air, the more it has to compress and expand. For example, this will cause a slight lag when you first get on it. Of course, it is a small lag, but a lag nonetheless. One of my friends who has an RXT-X has gone so far as to get a new bracket fabricated for his ski so that he can move the IC closer to the engine and shortened the tubing by about 1/2 (I think). He said it made a noticeable difference. On the good side, if the IC that you are currently running is not big enough to do it's job, this will probably be a worthwhile sacrifice!
    To be honest, on a 1812cc engine, I doubt the extra tubing causes much lag. But I understand what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by SurfRider View Post
    That air is traveling so fast that I really don't think it would make that big of a deal.

+1
    Just for fun, try an experiment. Get some 1/2" pipe (regular plumbing stuff, PVC would be just fine). Take and cut 6 inch piece and attach a ballon to the end. Now take a 6 foot (or longer) piece and attach a ballon on the end of that. Now try to inflate both ballon's using your lungs and let me know what happens? Count how many breaths it takes to fill each ballon fully?

P.S. the bottom line is that you will loose some PSI due to the quantity of air you are trying to compress.

What would be really great is if someone who has a Motec can log the pressure with their old setup and then install this and let us know what the max pressure is after that. The Motec can log this over a full "pull". Should be fun and I'd be excited to hear the results!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information