Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Winterizing GP1300R

I want to get gas with Sta-bil through the ski without having to be miserable in the relatively cold weather here. I can run the ski a minute or so safely without the hose, how long can I run it on the hose ? Long enough to get the Sta-bil in the injector system ?

+1
    You can run all day long on the hose. Just make sure to clear the water out before you put it away (if you live somewhere cold).

Seriously!!! there are quite a few procedures out there to winterize the GPR, I just can`t for the life of me figure out why you just wont research and read... The people who have made suggestions and threads over the years aren`t lying or reinventing the wheel...
    here`s a thought, Start 1 thread with all your questions so they are not all over the forum... jeez...
    This is exactly why a lot of people in the know do not reply over and over...
    Dude read,

yes you could run your engine for a few seconds, but not minutes, wouldn`t you rather just hook up the hose and run for a few minutes while watching everything, maybe even run RV antifreeze thru the system while your pushing the stabil up to the injectors... then after the ski cools down follow up with the rest of the winterization...

in the end, it`s YOUR ski, do what you want...

I`m Done...

When I have questions not coverred by the stickies or previous posts, I ask here. I finally got the seller to find the hose adapter, but I do not know where it plugs in. Where do you attach it ?

+1
    On the 2000 theres a black cap on the left side of the hull under the seat. Remove the black cap.

Every adventure comes to an end........ Not Today! wreckingball's Avatar
    +1
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Seriously!!! there are quite a few procedures out there to winterize the GPR, I just can`t for the life of me figure out why you just wont research and read... The people who have made suggestions and threads over the years aren`t lying or reinventing the wheel...
    here`s a thought, Start 1 thread with all your questions so they are not all over the forum... jeez...
    This is exactly why a lot of people in the know do not reply over and over...
    Dude read,

yes you could run your engine for a few seconds, but not minutes, wouldn`t you rather just hook up the hose and run for a few minutes while watching everything, maybe even run RV antifreeze thru the system while your pushing the stabil up to the injectors... then after the ski cools down follow up with the rest of the winterization...

in the end, it`s YOUR ski, do what you want...

I`m Done...

Quote Originally Posted by strokersquid View Post
    When I have questions not coverred by the stickies or previous posts, I ask here. I finally got the seller to find the hose adapter, but I do not know where it plugs in. Where do you attach it ?
    Come on, seriously, youve been riding your ski all this time and not flushing it???
    man you have some good chemicals in the water where you live buddy! WOW

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    You can run all day long on the hose. Just make sure to clear the water out before you put it away (if you live somewhere cold).
    Thank you for answering without criticism. I actually did look at several old threads and stickies, but none answerred this question. I have corresponded on several forums for boats, pwcs, motorcycles, etc. I have never received such hostitity for asking questions. Even where the question HAD been answerred before, posters just referred the thread starter to the correct thread. Here it seems one just gets criticized.

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Come on, seriously, youve been riding your ski all this time and not flushing it???
    man you have some good chemicals in the water where you live buddy! WOW
    yes, no

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by strokersquid View Post
    I have never received such hostitity for asking questions. Even where the question HAD been answerred before, posters just referred the thread starter to the correct thread. Here it seems one just gets criticized.
    Thats one of my biggest pet peeves about this site but its not nearly as bad as LS1Tech.com. To me it really shouldn't matter much if the question has been answered before. People join forum communities to find people with similar interests and they want to chat about those interests. Should you search for these answers...yes absolutely. But then again not everyone has 2 or 3 hours a night to devote to searching for answers. And even if the answers are there, they can easily be missed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information