Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: V Tech question

V Tech question

Hey Jerry I have a full stage 3 rxp with a rude 3, and riva comp. I like to icrease the rpm limit with out having to change my valves for light ones. what is the hightest i can go to keep it rec/race. and to help eliminate some of the cavitation from a hole shot? what is cover for $250.00 buks? Thanks.

+1
    I believe your good to 9500 rpms with the valvetrain you have, but do you really want to run your stock bottom end that high? Its up to you... (check out the thread i started about valve trains)

setting the limiter higher and then depitching to get those rpms higher will give you more acceleration but cavitation i believe.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seawoolf View Post
    Hey Jerry I have a full stage 3 rxp with a rude 3, and riva comp. I like to icrease the rpm limit with out having to change my valves for light ones. what is the hightest i can go to keep it rec/race. and to help eliminate some of the cavitation from a hole shot? what is cover for $250.00 buks? Thanks.
    With a stock bottom end lets bump it to 8850. Chance are your engine would survive at higher RPM's, but is it worth the risk to you.
    The $250 rev limiter increase is for ECU's that have already been programmed. It includes additional fueling from your previous rev limiter to your new higher rev limiter and a timing adjustment.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1892

Jerry. In your best opinion/advice what woluld you consider the risk? blowing a piston, floting a valve,less engine life. what is a reliable RPM for the setting I have? need for speed is worst than CRACK.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seawoolf View Post
    Jerry. In your best opinion/advice what woluld you consider the risk? blowing a piston, floting a valve,less engine life. what is a reliable RPM for the setting I have? need for speed is worst than CRACK.
    Let me set the limiter at 8800 and pitch to run 8700 and you will be good to go.

+1
    How about setting the limiter at 9K and pitching it for 8800? Is that doable?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    You can set the limiter for 92,000 and pitch for 8300. It's irrelevant. I would, my personal preference, is to Put the limiter to 8800 and pitch for 8700. I feel with a stock bottom end, your ski will last a lot longer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Yes, I can set it to whatever you want it to be.

Thanks for the in put, Iwill be doing this soon right now I need to lick my wounds. I was at the lake on sat. testing the pitch on the new prop, @ 3/4 of trottle and 1/2 tank did 77.4mph allover the red limiter with an 83mm ring, so I change to an 81mm ring did another pass and at 8550 rpm the ring came off, and got throing off in the blink of an eye, the sky end up on land lucky for me I stay on the water. So a mest up shoulder and a crack rib later need some time to heal. Wich is a good time to twiked a little more.Sorry no speed recorded since I lost the GPS in the accident. When I go back I will ask the fish or the gators if they can tell me what was it since the Gps is some were in the bottom of the lake. Thanks again for your support.

I like your sugestion 8850 pitch to 8700. Waitinon a friend to send the two togeder

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information