Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New fx ho hull for 2012

Hey folks

I use a 08 fx ho for fishing off the beach a few miles and on most days getting out could be smoother. Just wondering how much better could a 2012 fx ho ride be with 7.5 inches of added hull and a diminished chine. Most days require me to stay at 25 miles per hour or less before launching and banging the ski hull. Keep in mind that i carry cooler and rods so running at race speeds is not the best idea even though its irresistbly fun to do.

Could the new hull make the ski stay out of the bang zone and run 5miles faster than the old hulls? Is that the ride difference of a 300x kaw compared to 2011 yamaha fx ho? I interested to hear the results, has the Green Hulk been granted a test drive i didn't see it posted?

Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    +1
    I think its too early to tell, no one really has a 2012 that they have done testing on. Give it some time.

Yea your right too early to tell and a Kawasaki vs Yamaha fx ho at 30 miles per hour in ruff water will all feel about the same until you get into the higher speeds i would guess.

+1
    I have been told the new FX is coming out Late January 2012.
    The new FX will be great for fishing, the rear platform is longer and you have Neutral!

Neutral and cruise control would be most helpful. How does your Ultra run in a choppy ocean? I know ever other post and offshore racers say its a beast on the waves but at cruising speed is there a big difference compared to FX HO/SHO's?

+1
    I say get the Ultra 300, that would make a great fishing barge.

I like the new boat. It has some new creature comforts that are appealing. It looks to me like YAM is trying broaden their appeal to an even wider market with this boat; to me that's just good marketing. Although I don't think they will say it, I do think the new 140 inch hull is direct jab at KAW's 300. Thru the grapevine I am hearing the new YAM is very very good in open waters; I think the new YAM is going to have "huge upside" in this area with just a tweak or two . . .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    I say get the Ultra 300, that would make a great fishing barge.
    Kawi should make fishing equipment a standard accessory on the 300, so you have something to eat after they blow up & leave you stranded. BTW, good analogy...since barges rely on a tow vessel for propulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by ldippi View Post
    Hey folks

I use a 08 fx ho for fishing off the beach a few miles and on most days getting out could be smoother. Just wondering how much better could a 2012 fx ho ride be with 7.5 inches of added hull and a diminished chine. Most days require me to stay at 25 miles per hour or less before launching and banging the ski hull. Keep in mind that i carry cooler and rods so running at race speeds is not the best idea even though its irresistbly fun to do.

Could the new hull make the ski stay out of the bang zone and run 5miles faster than the old hulls? Is that the ride difference of a 300x kaw compared to 2011 yamaha fx ho? I interested to hear the results, has the Green Hulk been granted a test drive i didn't see it posted?
    hi,

i used to ride a 2009 fxho,mainly for fishing,we quite often drive out 50 kms offshore chasing schools of fish targeting king fish,snapper,tuna and anything else that will bite,fishing methods are mainly soft baiting,speed jigging and stick baits.The reason for the 50 kms limit are several reasons,1 being insurance,there is none past 50 kms offshore,2 the coastguard here in new Zealand will not come out past that,instead they ask for assistance from passing ships,most important reason though is the fuel,50 kms each way a little to drive around looking for fish on the sounder and plenty of backup fuel in case the weather turns to crap,and here it does.We went out one day with a 0.7m swell 32 kms offshore when we got ther it was more like 7 meters,i was on my yammie that day the waves where about 13-15 seconds apart and it was a breeze,yammie all the way i cant wait for the 2012 fxho to come to our shores,there is plenty of us fxho drivers here in nz and we all swear by them i cant praise them enough.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Kawi should make fishing equipment a standard accessory on the 300, so you have something to eat after they blow up & leave you stranded. BTW, good analogy...since barges rely on a tow vessel for propulsion.
    +2 This kawi left someone stranded!!! OH!!! but wait thats not a kawi!! thats a 1800 Yami.LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yamaha blown.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	260278  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information