New oil lines installed. Premix question. Ultra 150

I have replaced my oil lines and my gas is roughly 3/4 full. What would be the best way for me to make this tank 50:1? I was thinking of adding the oil for 15 gallons of gas and then refilling the fuel back to full. Would this work, will it mix properly, and how much oil for 15 gallons? I want to be safe because even after filling the lines with a syringe, there is still small air bubbles in the lines.

+1
    That would work. For 50:1, you'd need 38 ounces (32 ounces in a quart). Make sure you bleed the air out of the inlet hose via the bleeder screw on the pump, that is critical. Very small bubbles on the outlet hoses shouldn't be a problem, but you can pre-mix to be safe. You can run the 'Ski on the flush hose at idle and reach down to the oil pump and crank it up to max output to fill the lines quickly.

The one last worry I have is that I didn't premix before I took my engine out therefore the fuel in the lines and the filter are regular gas. My concern is that there may be a few air bubbles before the premix kicks in. Should I blow through the line like I'm priming the fuel pump until I see blue in the fuel filter?

+1
    It would probably be easier to lift off the flame arrestor and dribble about a teaspoon of oil down each carb. It won't take long for the fuel to be flushed out through the return line.

One problem fixed and another arises. I bled my oil lines to where there were only a few very small bubbles in the lines. I ran my tank today of 50:1 mix till there were about 2 bars left on my fuel gauge. I still see small bubbles in the rear balancer oil line and the 3rd carb oil line. Do I need to run another tank of premix? Also, when I had pulled the old oil lines off, the nipple for the oil feed in the middle carb popped off. I found the little ball and spring and put the spring in first, then the ball and the nipple on top of that. I now have oil leaking out of that fitting. There is oil in the bottom of the hull from it. Any suggestions on this. Thanks in advance for the help. Oh, one more question. If my tank has between 2 and 3 bars of fuel left, how can I make sure I go back to a 50:1 mix when I refuel? Have you heard of having to run 2 tanks of premix?

+1
    Don't know why you'd still have bubbles unless you didn't bleed the pump & supply hose properly, or the hose(s) aren't secured properly.

You're not the first to have the nipple come out of the carb. I don't know the best way to re-install it since it's never happened to me. I'd probably try cleaning it with lacquer thinner, then using epoxy or LocTite Stud & Bearing Mount to secure it. Make sure you don't have any oil remaining before gluing it.

I wouldn't refill the tank, yet. I'd fix the lines, then run it on the hose for a few minutes to make sure the bubbles get worked out, then just fill the tank.

Remember, don't run the water unless the engine is running!

Thread Information