Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

hey guys just bought a ski greatly appreciated if i could get some help and advice

i have just bought an 05 gp1300r the guy i bought it off didnt seem to know much about it i got it fairly cheap however i was wondering what the top speed of a stock 05 gp1300r would be i have read different specs from different sites n they all seem to be a bit mixed however it seems to be around 65 miles on the river yesterday i got to 75miles/120km on mine however that was using the speedo on the dash not a gps i was wondering if that was accurate or if my ski has had some aftermarket mods also if not already modified what would be the best mods to start applying

thanks help would be appreciated

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk.

+1
    A stock Gpr should be in the low to mid 60. If you really want to know how fast it is going us a GPS the speedo is way off. D plate is a good starting point. Enjoy it and ride it then figure out what you want from it.

Oh and welcome to GH. The best place on the net for jet ski info.

Thanks for ur help mate.
    i had some mods in mind i was thinking to change the d plate, sponsons, intake grate, impeller, getting a free flow exaust and a chip any thoughts on these mods or anything that will give me the same results for cheaper. i am more focused on acceleration and handling rather then top speed seen how i will b riding more in the surf have you got any other suggestions
    thanks for your help greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by matt05gp1300 View Post
    Thanks for ur help mate.
    i had some mods in mind i was thinking to change the d plate, sponsons, intake grate, impeller, getting a free flow exaust and a chip any thoughts on these mods or anything that will give me the same results for cheaper. i am more focused on acceleration and handling rather then top speed seen how i will b riding more in the surf have you got any other suggestions
    D plate
    R&D sponsons
    Worx intake grate
    Skat 13\19
    R&D R1 reflash

there are many many combinations that work. read up on some of the builds and work already proven, have a goal and come up with a plan... good luck and enjoy the new ski!

Every adventure comes to an end........ Not Today! wreckingball's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by matt05gp1300 View Post
    Thanks for ur help mate.
    *The D-Plate is a no brainer.
    *You can keep your stock sponsons and just step them!
    *An intake grate is another mod that will keep you hooked in the water. The R&D Aquavein in a good grate for the price. The Worx grate is better for holeshots and course riding, but will start bucking at higher speeds (70 mph+).
    *The 13/19 prop would be a good choice for launches and short course racing, but if you want to get more rec riding and top end a 14/20 would be a good choice.
    *Research the Jetworks "holeshot" mod. The FF exhaust sounds mean, and is the way to go, especially if you use the jetworks mod.
    *Skip a chip. Get a fuel controller out of the classified section, and a timing key advance Unless you have $$$ for a R&D reflash- if you do, skip the fuel controller & timing key. If you read some of the post by Pale Rider on this, you'll probably want to spend the $$$ anyway!
    *You can also get some Riva high compression heads to bump up to 150 psi in your cylinders (I just saw a set on ebay today for $350).
    *And MOST important is the VF3 reeds (I just got mine )! I'd say buy these first, as they cost a pretty penny....
    *Last, modify your stock air intake or get the Riva Air Power Filter.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball View Post
    *The D-Plate is a no brainer.
    *You can keep your stock sponsons and just step them!
    *An intake grate is another mod that will keep you hooked in the water. The R&D Aquavein in a good grate for the price. The Worx grate is better for holeshots and course riding, but will start bucking at higher speeds (70 mph+).
    *The 13/19 prop would be a good choice for launches and short course racing, but if you want to get more rec riding and top end a 14/20 would be a good choice.
    *Research the Jetworks "holeshot" mod. The FF exhaust sounds mean, and is the way to go, especially if you use the jetworks mod.
    *Skip a chip. Get a fuel controller out of the classified section, and a timing key advance Unless you have $$$ for a R&D reflash- if you do, skip the fuel controller & timing key. If you read some of the post by Pale Rider on this, you'll probably want to spend the $$$ anyway!
    *You can also get some Riva high compression heads to bump up to 150 psi in your cylinders (I just saw a set on ebay today for $350).
    *And MOST important is the VF3 reeds (I just got mine )! I'd say buy these first, as they cost a pretty penny....
    *Last, modify your stock air intake or get the Riva Air Power Filter.
    +1

thanks for the help guys will keep everything in mind and let use know when i finally get started on it, however i did go n visit a local jet ski mechanic today n he told me that a common problem with the gprs is that they loose a cylinder around 60 to 70 hours i have had a quick look online this seems to be more on the older powervalve models. i think he was just trying to suck me in and make me spend some money. i dont wanna go spending big money then finding out i have to spend more on fixing it, anyone know of this problem and could help me thanks. also does anyone know where i can get hydro turf in white granite as i have rang a few places n they have told me they dont stock it no more.

Every adventure comes to an end........ Not Today! wreckingball's Avatar
    +1
    I keep seeing the granite HydroTurf on eBay.

+1
    Welcome to the forum

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information