Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New here

New here

Just joined today but have been lurking for about a month. very nice site with some great information. I moved to the Orlando area about 6 months ago from Wisconsin.

Before i moved I sold my 04 F-12x and miss it now that I live in an area that I can go boating year round. I am looking at the new Sea-doo RXP to purchase in 2-3 weeks. What should be the best to do? Wait for the 07s to become avaliable near me and buy and 06 to save 1500 or just bo all out and get the 07?

Also for everyone living in the saltwater states whats the best wet-suit to get along with PFD? This will be my first time boating in saltwater so is there any other pointers you all have. I know about flushing out the boat after every ride so the salt and debris doesn't clog up anything, plus it's just more healthy for the boat to do, even in freshwater.

I will have a ton more questions coming in the next few days so Im looking for all the help I can get. Thanks.

Welcome!

it depends on what you like better. i have an 05 viper red rxp and i think its one of the better color schemes. I like the 06 black and red the best though. the 07 yellow and black looks VERY nice aswell. so it all depends on what you want. a left over 06 will save you some $$. theres not a whole lof difference between the 06 and 07, they changed the steering pad(for the worst i think, the 06 looks better) and angle of the steering column, the seat is softer on the 07. thats about it, nothing major.

get a descent pair of goggles, salt in ur eyes sucks!!! i prefer gloves aswell, especially while in the surf or rough stuff. i dont think ull need a wetsuit for florida, i wear slippery reform shorts though, they dont ride up when ur constantly standing up and sittign down like in wave jumping or rough water riding .

+1
    Welcome Mike,
    Depends on your finacial cituation..06-07 ..Save 1500 put that into some mods..No real differance between the two except for the handle bar configuration..07 raised and widend them also the RXP comes in 2 differant HP rating 155 and 215.Besides that and the paint job there isnt much differance..Im buying a 06 nextmonth brand new for 7900..Gonna take the differance and mod the hell out of it...Dont ride in salt water so ill leave that to the salt water riders..

Scott

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Just joined today but have been lurking for about a month. very nice site with some great information. I moved to the Orlando area about 6 months ago from Wisconsin.

Before i moved I sold my 04 F-12x and miss it now that I live in an area that I can go boating year round. I am looking at the new Sea-doo RXP to purchase in 2-3 weeks. What should be the best to do? Wait for the 07s to become avaliable near me and buy and 06 to save 1500 or just bo all out and get the 07?

Also for everyone living in the saltwater states whats the best wet-suit to get along with PFD? This will be my first time boating in saltwater so is there any other pointers you all have. I know about flushing out the boat after every ride so the salt and debris doesn't clog up anything, plus it's just more healthy for the boat to do, even in freshwater.

I will have a ton more questions coming in the next few days so Im looking for all the help I can get. Thanks.
    First off welcome!! You shouldn't need a wet-suit in Florida.
    It's really what you want in the ski; '07-'06 already have the upgraded SC shaft, so it's more of a color preference for you. If can save big bucks on a '06 and color doesn't bother you, I'd go with the '06.
    Search is your friend!!

Search button found. How silly of me.

I really do like the new 07 yellow/black colors compared to the red/white scheme. Im not big into modding boats but knowing me nothing can stay stock for too long.

Goggles and gloves goes on my list, thanks.

Forgot to mention i'll be purchasing from Central Florida Powersports. Hopefully I can haggle with a price since my roommate just bought a crotch rocket from there last week.
    Last edited by MikeB; 01-04-2007 at 07:34 PM.

Banned User
    Search button found. How silly of me.

I really do like the new 07 yellow/black colors compared to the red/white scheme. Im not big into modding boats but knowing me nothing can stay stock for too long.

Goggles goes on my list, thanks.
    Yeah, you say that till someone blows by!! It took one time for me

+1
    Im not big into modding boats but knowing me nothing can stay stock for too long.

Hows the old saying go:I feel the need for speed!!!
    Trust us youll be modding your ski before you know it..
    I said the same thing im gonna keep her stock.Now im buying another one
    and gonna move to a stage 2..Stay on this site and Modding is
    deffinatly gonna happen

its a widely known fact that if you are a reading/posting on this site you WILL breakdown and mod. i guarantee it, lol. just wait.

Alright alright you guys got me. Id like to keep it stock for the break-in period hopefully.

Snoman I do have a bad need for speed. I caught the virus at a very early age and I still can't seem to find a cure. Not that it's bad, just gets expensive. I drag race every chance I get but my current car is out for a new type of engine management so Im still working out the bugs with the fuel and timing. Plus I have to figure out how to keep the intercooler hoses on without blowing off all the time. I wish i had a video of my current best in the car but the only one I know of out there is my 12.1 pass. Here is a pic of the first time the car hit 400whp

mxl16 you probably hit it on the button and I have seen it in the Evo forums with people saying "Yeah it's remaining stock" Usually it never happens and within a few weeks they are asking modding questions.

+1
    416 hp..damn could you imagine that in a RXP??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information