+1

RIVA adjustable cam gears

i've done the search and read the threads i could read, but no where doeas anyone clearly state if the $220. was worth the install. are the worth it is it a pain in the ass do they make any difference in performance on a stock engine with a air filter, ribbon delete and free flow exhaust ??????? or should i save my money for something else like fuel, it aint getting any lower......... someone out there in GH must have something to say !!!!!!!!!

+1
    I think you get the most benefit from messing with cam timing when you have at least 12-13 pounds of boost or more. I did a lot of testing with cam gears on stock boost and the results were good, but not exactly earth shattering.

You have to realize that people find different value in parts like cam gears. A lot of your Greenhulkers are looking for concrete measurable gains. With cam gears it's not that simple. If top speed is your only concern then I say spend your money on more boost and ECU reflashing. If you're a racer, espicially closed course racer, then cam gears are one of the best mods you can do. It will give you lots more low end and mid range power. Your ski will be able to hold higher RPMs in turns and will rocket out of corners.

Just some food for thought.

+1
    well being i'm N/A, and dont plan on boosting it, i'm better off putting a Jims ride plate on it and try to get 70 outta it, only getting 67 flat out with only a couple gallons of fuel in it....... and my fat ass on top of it. thanks for the info Hitman

+1
    Oh I'm sorry man. I didn't even see you had a VXS. I think cam gears in the NA motor would be a fantastic upgrade. The dynamics of the non boosted engine will respond nicely to the earlier intake event. I say go for it. Not the easiest install but we can try and help you though it.

Thread Information