Question how to remove the reverse cable lever to get room for ic removal and installation

Hi I remove the 2 nuts, as per instructions, then i tried pulling on that reverse cable lever to give myself room to remove oem ic and install my new r&d pro ic.
    does anyone know what i am not doing to remove the cable. i tried pulling on it but i heard a not so nice noise.

At reverse lever reach up behind hood cowling and disconnect reverse cable from lever. (see illustration #5) Remove
    brass nuts (2) securing reverse cable bracket to hull. Pull cable down into engine compartment and lay over towards
    left side of craft.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM0665.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	166.1 KB 
ID:	258865   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM0671.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	152.0 KB 
ID:	258866   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM0667.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	117.0 KB 
ID:	258867  

+1
    At reverse lever reach up behind hood cowling and disconnect reverse cable from lever. (see illustration #5)

At the top of the shaft there is a slip joint that attaches to a ball on the reverse lever. You have to reach up and disconnect the joint from the ball(#33 in picture). Not easy to do just by feeling around blind without leverage with one hand. I struggled for 15 min before I removed bolts from side cowling and popped it free to work on it from the top.

I didn't remove entire cowling, or take off reverse lever hand grip. With the reverse lever pulled out half way. The cowling pulled back a few inches and I had enough room to get my hands in at top to disconnect the cable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reversecable.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	258899  

Wow, and thanks, looks like i'll be fiddling with that for at least 15min and more

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by peterj59 View Post
    Hi I remove the 2 nuts, as per instructions, then i tried pulling on that reverse cable lever to give myself room to remove oem ic and install my new r&d pro ic.
    does anyone know what i am not doing to remove the cable. i tried pulling on it but i heard a not so nice noise.

At reverse lever reach up behind hood cowling and disconnect reverse cable from lever. (see illustration #5) Remove
    brass nuts (2) securing reverse cable bracket to hull. Pull cable down into engine compartment and lay over towards
    left side of craft.
    i remove the reverse cable without removing the reverse assembly.
    the r&d pro ic mounts where the oem air box is or was located.
    the r&d pro limited ic mounts where the oem intercooler is located. both units do not require you to remove the reverse cable.

Thread Information