Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

RECALL - GTI/GTS - Front Storage Compartment Cover

Hey there.

Just got this in the mail from BRP regarding Sea-Doo 2011 and 2012 GTI and GTS skis - FYI it is also posted on the BRP website, including the PDF and details:

SAFETY RECALL NOTICE
    Date: November 11, 2011
    Re: GTS and GTI Series – Front Storage Compartment Cover Cracking

http://www.sea-doo.com/ca/sections/o...formation.aspx

PDF with details are found here:
    http://www.sea-doo.com/DownloadFile....b-9f9d010f6312

Anyone have any thoughts/comments or experience with the front storage compartment cover cracking as the Recall suggests?

Hope this helps.
    Thanks.

+1
    According to the PDF Recall details, the fix is to replace the inner shell of the cover if it is cracked, then to reinforce the original or replaced cover with a brace, add a deflector to the hull itself just below the cover's nose, and also add a protective pad to the CLOTH cover if you have one (to protect the cloth cover from ripping if the deflect/cover decides to poke through.

The PDF outlines a way to inspect the cover and I've done just that. My cover does not have any cracks currently, but I will still bring the ski in for this fix, of course. I am making an appointment with my Dealer this week.

Cheers, everyone.

+1
    Haven't had time to check mine yet but hopefully its not cracked. My local dealer just dropped seadoo and the next closest is an hour away

+1

Thumbs down

Hey there. An Hour, that's a bit of a drive, but could be worse. I hope your cover is not cracked, but easy to check as per the PDF instructions. Just remove the two bolts/screws and washers that fasten the cover to the hinge assembly. Check the area shown in the PDF. Be careful when re-installing the cover, just pay attention to the torque settings and the tightening sequence.

*Note that even if it is not cracked at this time, best get it to that Dealer an hour away and have the recall completely on your ski.

Please feel free to update us when your ski is done.
    Cheers and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by em-dubya View Post
    Haven't had time to check mine yet but hopefully its not cracked. My local dealer just dropped seadoo and the next closest is an hour away

FINALLY!

I actually have had my hood rip off twice! The first time the hood ripped off, the whole front hood whacked me right in the face! Luckily the corner of it just missed my eye. Without a hood and about 3 miles away from the ramp in salt water my ski quickly filled with water! I brought it to my local dealer and they were shocked! " They never saw anything like this happen before." Yeah, so Seadoo thankfully covered it under warranty. I got a whole new hood, underhood, seal, console brace and a $50 store gift card for not suing them for almost killing me! All is good for a few weeks until I hit a wave and my friggin hood comes flying open!! REally??? I bring it back to them and they replaced the whole hood and brackets all over again. Now, I just got my recall letter a few weeks ago about the hood and the whole timing chain snapping thing. This is my first ski I've ever owned and Im a little nervous about owning a seadoo... anyone elese have anything to say about em?

+1
    I have owned SD's on and off since 92 and have had to deal with all kinds of recalls...Dont let these 2 tarnish your thoughts of them...Some people hate them and will switch to Yami over it, but trust me, both Brand Y and Brand K have their own problems!!!!

Yeah, I'm sure the other brands out there have their fair share of problems but friends of mine have bought the "other brand" skis the same time I got mine and mine has been in the shop countless times.. Granted all the stuff was minor aside from the hood and timing chain... Is this ski going to last me?? I mean the whole reason I went with seadoo is because I thought they set the standard...

+1
    It will last you a long time...No worries!!!!

The problem with the Timing chain was a supplier change and it was certain models that were in production at that time..It wasnt all models and all units.

The hood thing, is a little strange, but then again, we are here on flat water so I doubt we would ever see a hood breaking here, but in the surf, I guess I understand but it is a NTSB recall so it has to be done!!!!

+1
    I just one mine back today from having the recall fixed. They also added a deflector to the front of the ski which looks pretty cool. I didnt realize i had a $50 deductible on the factory warranty

Quote Originally Posted by em-dubya View Post
    I just one mine back today from having the recall fixed. They also added a deflector to the front of the ski which looks pretty cool. I didnt realize i had a $50 deductible on the factory warranty
    Wow, that's weird. Everytime I brought mine in for warranty work I never paid a dime... Idk, I'd do some investagating on that one. I'll let you guys know because I need to bring it in to get the "hood recall" done and the timing chain done.. Hopefully going in this week... Maybe someone who Knows more can chime in...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information