Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: No good at all

  1. #1
    deansta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sydney,Australia
    Posts
    782
    +1
    1

    No good at all

    I hear this is what a r&d remap ecu does to your motor.. Plus this is the 4th motor I have seen like this.


  2. #2
    jetpilot785's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    669
    +1
    30
    and what is your "expert" opinion on this?

  3. #3
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,134
    +1
    205
    What mods caused this failure?

  4. #4
    gordon lasiter #328's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    katy, texas , United States
    Posts
    1,647
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by deansta View Post
    I hear this is what a r&d remap ecu does to your motor.. Plus this is the 4th motor I have seen like this.
    why are you pointing fingers at r&d?
    can you disclose what your mods are?
    your rpms when this happened?
    what was your AFR?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Central North Carolina
    Posts
    3,847
    +1
    528
    SHO/FZR/FZS Blown up Engines! see my earlier post http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=167093
    I seem to see a pattern developing. More and more motors with broken engine internal parts. I think the reason most of these motors fail is that the oem pistons and or connecting rods are breaking apart from more boost pressure than these cast pistons and or the connecting rods can take over time. Now I see 24 psi SC wheels coming out ( wow). I have been keeping track of engine problems on these skis for two years now and it seems to me ( my opinion only and not guaranteed to be safe) that 12-14 psi boost and 8400-8500 rpms is the max. oem internal pistons and rods can take for any extended period of time. If any of you deside to go beyond these limits I suggest you go with good after market rods, pistons , valve springs and other associated parts as required. I just hate to see or here of more broken engines showing up when these problems can be avoided if some good guide lines on what is required for more boost and rpms was followed. Even then there is no guarantee you won't suffer a major engine failer but at least the odds are in your favor if good aftermarket parts are used. Tommy Jordan

  6. #6
    Banned User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,329
    +1
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by deansta View Post
    I hear this is what a r&d remap ecu does to your motor.. Plus this is the 4th motor I have seen like this.
    you heard way wrong!!!!!!!!!!! what an ass. An R and D reflash is the last thing on the list that will do that to your motor. I think if you do a little research on this forum you will find the oppiset to be the truth.

    R and D reflashs have been runnig on my 2 boats + tons of others on this form for quite some time. They are what powered my 2 limited boats to win 1st and 2nd at the drags in limited. then the same 2 boats to go on and take 1st and 2nd in super stock. The boats were running just the same at the end of the races as at the start.

    looks like a reverse plug anyway,guess the troll got me

  7. #7
    Banned User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,329
    +1
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    SHO/FZR/FZS Blown up Engines! see my earlier post http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=167093
    I seem to see a pattern developing. More and more motors with broken engine internal parts. I think the reason most of these motors fail is that the oem pistons and or connecting rods are breaking apart from more boost pressure than these cast pistons and or the connecting rods can take over time. Now I see 24 psi SC wheels coming out ( wow). I have been keeping track of engine problems on these skis for two years now and it seems to me ( my opinion only and not guaranteed to be safe) that 12-14 psi boost and 8400-8500 rpms is the max. oem internal pistons and rods can take for any extended period of time. If any of you deside to go beyond these limits I suggest you go with good after market rods, pistons , valve springs and other associated parts as required. I just hate to see or here of more broken engines showing up when these problems can be avoided if some good guide lines on what is required for more boost and rpms was followed. Even then there is no guarantee you won't suffer a major engine failer but at least the odds are in your favor if good aftermarket parts are used. Tommy Jordan

    .

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Central North Carolina
    Posts
    3,847
    +1
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by deansta View Post
    I hear this is what a r&d remap ecu does to your motor.. Plus this is the 4th motor I have seen like this.
    Please list "ALL" your mods and what max rpm you run the motor at for everyone to see so they can make there own opinion what caused this damage. It is hard for the jury to give the verdict with out ALL the information! Tommy Jordan

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sunshine coast QLD
    Posts
    234
    +1
    3
    Broken rods come from pre ignition or pining. I found in most of all the motors I have built and seen fail ,fuel presure or quailty is the cause. Unlucky but did u here the motor rattle before it went?

  10. #10
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,194
    +1
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by fzsaust View Post
    Broken rods come from pre ignition or pining. I found in most of all the motors I have built and seen fail ,fuel presure or quailty is the cause. Unlucky but did u here the motor rattle before it went?
    The SHO motor is equipped with a knock sensor and when R&D reflashes the ecu it is still in use, So if the knock sensor picks up detonation the ecu will start backing down on the timing. I have used and installed over 20 R&D reflashes in my customers boats and also have them in my boats with not one issue, That motor did not let go because of a feflash. Once they take it apart they will see what the true culprit was.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. No gauges at all
    By cdcats in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-10-2016, 09:20 PM
  2. GTX 4-TEC initial code 1656, now no readout at all
    By kyboater in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2011, 04:14 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 07:07 PM
  4. break in results not good at all
    By whiteyz in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 11:28 PM
  5. not good at all
    By buddydoo in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 09:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •